Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I bought a bike very similar to that in 2015 and paid $2100.
I stripped the parts sold them on Ebay and installed SRAM Force and custom built wheels.
It is a great riding bike. I think $700 is reasonable but would not go any higher.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,438 Posts
That all depends on how many miles are on the bike and which wear items may need to be changed like the cassette and rings.

$700 doesn't seem like a bad deal to me.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That all depends on how many miles are on the bike and which wear items may need to be changed like the cassette and rings.

$700 doesn't seem like a bad deal to me.
Owner claimed there were less than 1000 miles on the bike.

There's no way to confirm that, of course, but I didn't need to replace anything. Still had the original tires.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,438 Posts
Owner claimed there were less than 1000 miles on the bike.

There's no way to confirm that, of course, but I didn't need to replace anything. Still had the original tires.
Original tires are a good sign. How do the cassette cogs look? Any sign of wear?

Did you ride the bike? How does it feel and fit?

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Original tires are a good sign. How do the cassette cogs look? Any sign of wear?
Not to my eye, but I'm not an expert.

Did you ride the bike? How does it feel and fit?
Yup, I rode it before I bought it. Used the saddle from my old bike, but haven't changed anything other than seat height.

I might yet lower the bars; haven't decided.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,438 Posts
Not to my eye, but I'm not an expert.

Yup, I rode it before I bought it. Used the saddle from my old bike, but haven't changed anything other than seat height.

I might yet lower the bars; haven't decided.
Oh, didn't know you already bought it. Best of luck with it and enjoy!

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
Congratulations!! Very good frame and the 105 components will last a lifetime. To my eye that bike shows very little wear. Nice pick up at a fair price, especially these days. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts