Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks good to me. Full ultegra except for the chain and brakes, which is only because they developed their own aero brake system. That's a pretty good price point for what you're getting. Next step up is Di2 and about $500.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
So the advanced models now have an aluminum steerer tube. Hence the reason they are less expensive then last year. Last years advanced models are now considered advanced pro.

I have no clue where the $500 for di2 is coming from, but the next step up is $1000 for the advanced 0 which has di2.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks like the advanced and advanced pro use the same frame, so the only difference I can see between the 2 is the pro has a carbon steerer and a better wheelset. So IMO if you already got a good wheelset (which I do) there is no point going for the pro.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am thinking about this bike too. Can someone confirm that the Advanced and Advanced Pro frames are the same?

I understand that Previously Advanced frames were about equivalent level to Specialized's Expert" frames. Now that they are further split into two, what is the difference?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anybody have thoughts about the differences in the steerers as far as function differences go? Is the 1 1/4" inch carbon steerer going to vastly outperform the 1 1/8" alloy steerer as far as actual/practical riding goes?

I am debating between getting an Advanced 0 or an Advanced Pro frameset and buying some 6870 bits from the UK sites. I have my own wheels, crank, and cockpit that I would be moving over to the Advanced 0 if I went that route.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I wanted to add an "aero" stiff type bike to my group and yet did not really need a super high dollar model.
I test rode the specialized venge, the ridley noah rs and the 2015 propel advanced 1...
I liked the feel of the propel the best, and the fact that it was a bunch cheaper with the same quality components was a nice plus...

·
Registered
122 Posts
I like that one a lot... currently thinking about the previous year model Propel Advanced 3 my bike shop is trying to get me to buy. I like the group set on this one a WHOLE lot better. Looks like an awesome bike and value.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just picked up the 2015 Propel Advanced 2. Great bike, especially for the money. I used to have a 2014 TCR, and cannot feel any difference between OD2 carbon steerer and the OD1 alloy steerer, but then again, I only weigh 130lbs. Aside from a little added weight, I would say it's not a deal-breaker.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.