Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2017 CAAD Optimo Frame

Does anyone know whether the 2017 CAAD Optimo frame advertised on Cannondale USA's site is the former CAAD 10?

The site states: "CAAD Optimo is CAAD12's overachieving little brother. With trickle-down tech and identical geometry, it makes a killer first performance road bike, or great training/backup bike for EVO/CAAD12 owners."

·
Registered
12 Posts
My understanding is that 2017 CAAD Optimo is not CAAD10. The geometry is the same as CAAD12. In person,, the most noticable difference is the seat tube shape. The chainstays are similar in shape to the CAAD12 as are the seatstays. Is there a frame only option for the Optimo? I would prefer the Optimo over the CAAD10 as a frameset so I could afford a power meter and build to taste. I could transfer ghr build to my cyclocross bike, but old Tiagra probably better than new Claris. Was told today at LBS there are only two 48cm CAAD1w framesets left for 2017.

Just my $0.02 of info.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is my son's first road bike (adult size (44 cm)). I ordered the 2017 Cannondale CAAD Optimo with Shimano Claris components and stock wheels. Pulled off the stock wheels (the stock wheels were torturing me more than him) and upgraded the hoops to a pair of 2016 Mavic Ksyrium Elites. What a difference with those wheels. Such a solid machine now.
Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts