Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Text Line Font Logo Bicycle tire

What a Giro this has been!

Tons of drama, plot twists and wonderful stories of glorious victories and heartrending defeats. Riders with broken ribs and bronchitis powering through even though they knew the Maglia Rosa was out of reach. A Champion discounted only to re-emerge at the end. Young riders like Jungles and Kruijswijk showing us the future of our sport - and yes, that future seems promising. A great Sprinting battle between two German rocketmen. A former Giro-Winner running away with the blue Mountains jersey. Who could have predicted this Giro?

So, now we have the final stage prepared before us - some might see it as an anti-climax to what has perhaps been one of the most exciting and memorable Giros in recent memory. I see it as a celebration - a coronation of a hero among heros - Rome had its Caesar, we will have our Maglia Rosa!

Before I sign off for this year, I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to read these threads and perhaps share a piece of this amazing event with me. I'm no cycling expert, but I love the Giro and I hope I've been able to convey at least a fraction of that in these rambling threads.

Until next year, long live the Giro d'Italia!

Stage 21 Map:

Blue Yellow Text Red White

Stage 21 Profile:

Text Red White Slope Line

·
Banned
Bianchi Nuovo Alloro, Lemond Etape
2,299 Posts
Thanks, LostViking! It is challenging following GdI I guess due to low profile and the maze of cable rights, and your posts were great.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
and it ends with a sprint and a relegation

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
That was somewhat anti climatic, but oh well, it was still a great race. I am glad that Valverde was able to get a podium, although yes he was lucky but a podium is a podium. I also think Chaves confirmed in this race that he is going to ge a GC contender for several years to come.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
and it ends with a sprint and a relegation
I was glad to see the relegation. That was flagrant from Nizzolo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
AKA Old Man
598 Posts
Bah!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts