Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The spring savings event from Cannondale is on so the Synapse Ultegra 4 is only $1999 (vs $2660). The Ultegra 4 still looks to have solid components just a little blend of 105 and no carbon fiber seat post or bars compared to the Ultegra 3.

With the $1200 difference between the Ultegra 3 and 4, I was planning on buying a new wheel set and maybe some component upgrades. Looks like I'll be able to have a better bike for same $. Is there anything I've overlooked?

Century and gran fondo rider who loves to climb (past bike was a roubaix)

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,411 Posts
The spring savings event from Cannondale is on so the Synapse Ultegra 4 is only $1999 (vs $2660). The Ultegra 4 still looks to have solid components just a little blend of 105 and no carbon fiber seat post or bars compared to the Ultegra 3.

With the $1200 difference between the Ultegra 3 and 4, I was planning on buying a new wheel set and maybe some component upgrades. Looks like I'll be able to have a better bike for same $. Is there anything I've overlooked?

Century and gran fondo rider who loves to climb (past bike was a roubaix)
Sounds like a steal Go for it!

The only part I might replace are the FSA rings. I found Shimano to be much smoother.

The Aksium wheelset isn't that great, but you could possibly cut a deal with your LBS to swap them for something else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts