Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Surprised I have not heard any comments on here about them.

Seem almost drool worthy. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Not sure what to say. It's nothing new except it's new for Specialized. Cannondale did a suspension road bike years ago as well as many others. Trek's Emonda has had a suspension system since it's introduction and it's been very successful. The only big news about it is that Specialized is now doing it. A Roubaix has always been an exceptional machine, and the new one will likely be better than the old one, but suspension frame concept is nothing new. Yahoo Answers Cycling forum has just recently discussed it. Might want to look at some comments over there.

Update: There is a thread on here about the '17 Roubaix...285 replies..

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks saw the Roubaix thread for some reason it did not show in search.
I tested the bike yesterday. Really great bike. Does it make the road disappear? No. But definitely smoother on rough roads and gravel. I flew over a road that cars seemed to be having trouble on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
A friend of mine has one with the rubber bumpers and he say's it works well.. But I am not sure about the pogo stick handlebars. I think all that has been tried before and passed on.. Anyway it does not make me drool but I ride Columbus steel anyway. It rides nice without gimmicks and such.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Seen one at the LBS and it like a lot of Specialized bikes it looked kinda cheap. The frame finish was lackluster and no attention to detail on any of it. It was a Di2 bike and for the money I was not impressed. I am sure it rides great with its suspension but really not interested. I would take a diverge over the Roubaix any time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.