Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a friendly PSA. It appears NBC has the Vuelta and will be showing it on Gold but also on their new Olympic channel which replaces Universal HD. I'm sure there will be differences in the coverage as Gold is premium. So you should get more stuff. But it's accessible without breaking any FCC laws or pirating or wondering if you will find the days stage on the internet posted by a 12 year old in Australia from a Russian website.

Can't wait.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,963 Posts
I need a new receiver to get HD stations. Ugh. I do need to get that taken care of at some point.

Depending on your cable provider...you may need more than that.

"Spectrum" aka Charter Cable...who bought out Time Warner here....they made a lot of people very angry this month. They changed their signals such that you now need a cable box (with cable card) for every damn TV in your house to get service on those TVs at all. The line to get boxes was 2 hours long.

Long lines outside Spectrum offices as subscribers pick up boxes to keep signal clear | Local Government | journalstar.com

And as you needed to rent equipment, they jacked up your bill. IIRC $5USD per cable box per month. You can't just buy a cable box-you need teh cable card too-which is impossible to source on your own.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I have Dish Network and from what I can tell I just need a new receiver. Actually I need a new receiver anyway, but that's more because the new receivers have features mine doesn't like recording more than 2 shows at one time and stuff like that.

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
I have Dish Network and from what I can tell I just need a new receiver. Actually I need a new receiver anyway, but that's more because the new receivers have features mine doesn't like recording more than 2 shows at one time and stuff like that.
customer retention ... you might have to pay +$10/month for HD service... but the equipment should be free (if they wanna keep ya)

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
I don't know jack-chit about what you guys are talking about equipment-wise.

I have Dish Channel with NBCSN and I only discovered by accident that I was able to watch and DVR the entire TDF.

I'm now hoping I'll be able to watch Vuelta.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I don't know jack-chit about what you guys are talking about equipment-wise.

I have Dish Channel with NBCSN and I only discovered by accident that I was able to watch and DVR the entire TDF.

I'm now hoping I'll be able to watch Vuelta.
I had NBC Gold last year, and watched NBCSN on cable in a hotel. They were showing the same stuff, except that the NBCSN had so many commercial breaks, yet my NBC Gold app had few (I think it actually had none). I found NBCSN unwatchable with all the breaks and repeating ads

·
Registered
489 Posts
Just a friendly PSA. It appears NBC has the Vuelta and will be showing it on Gold but also on their new Olympic channel which replaces Universal HD. I'm sure there will be differences in the coverage as Gold is premium. So you should get more stuff. But it's accessible without breaking any FCC laws or pirating or wondering if you will find the days stage on the internet posted by a 12 year old in Australia from a Russian website.

Can't wait.
I have the NBC gold package; not too happy they increased the price but they did add content such as the Vuelta so still willing to pay it, for now, may give it up if they have similar price increase next year.

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
I had NBC Gold last year, and watched NBCSN on cable in a hotel. They were showing the same stuff, except that the NBCSN had so many commercial breaks, yet my NBC Gold app had few (I think it actually had none). I found NBCSN unwatchable with all the breaks and repeating ads
You aren't kidding about the commercial breaks :eek: !

DVR is such a wonderful device to combat that.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I am so sick of Stallone saying "BE BOLD!" Someone needs to test him for PEDs. The guy is yoked and in his 70's. Yo, Adrian!

Attachments

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
I am so sick of Stallone saying "BE BOLD!" Someone needs to test him for PEDs. The guy is yoked and in his 70's. Yo, Adrian!
I crack up at his hairline and 'wind tunnel' face :lol: !

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
I swear I had to sit through that commercial like 11,000 times while watching the TdF via NBCSN on Sling TV. Little bits of my life that I will never get back....

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,963 Posts
I swear I had to sit through that commercial like 11,000 times while watching the TdF via NBCSN on Sling TV. Little bits of my life that I will never get back....
Born from Jets.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.