Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any chance of some pictures of your bike as I’m debating to order this frame set of wait for slightly lesser models to be released.

Thank you.

I have the SL6 expert model black/acid mint and have been having problems with seat post slippage. I had my bike at the LBS this past thursday and the shop owner called his tech at Specialized. They told him that the seat post clamp should be torqued at 8 nm. I believe the previous standard for that bike was 6.2 nm. So he torqued mine at 8 nm after applying carbon paste to the seat post.

I haven't had it out to ride since he torqued it as we just got 13 inches of snow :(

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Instructions or not :), finally build done and really happy with it. Even better to ride than I had expected - really significant improvement over my SL4 Tarmac which I have been riding. Still to sort out stem height but loving it out the road. SRAM eTap very impressive. All in all, worth the wait
View attachment 321495 View attachment 321496
Very nice! I'm about to order the frame, but cannot decide on the color ;-). Also, it seems I'm between sizes. Which size is that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I am after some advise.

I currently ride a 2015 Giant Defy Adanvced Pro 1 but looking to upgrade it to the new Tarmac disc. I am trying to book a test ride but given that this bike has only just been released my LBS are yet to receive any demo bikes.

Do you think there will be a considerable betterment in riding quality, more fun, possibly quicker etc that justifies this expenditure?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all,

I am after some advise.

I currently ride a 2015 Giant Defy Adanvced Pro 1 but looking to upgrade it to the new Tarmac disc. I am trying to book a test ride but given that this bike has only just been released my LBS are yet to receive any demo bikes.

Do you think there will be a considerable betterment in riding quality, more fun, possibly quicker etc that justifies this expenditure?

Thank you in advance.
My best mate have that same bike and I'm on the S-works tarmac sl6. Have ridden his bike a few times.. So I have some experience in both.

They are very different bikes... Tarmac is much more aggressive positioned /lighter /stiffer/faster and I wouldn't want to ride the defy for too long as for me the front end is too high though it was a very comfortable/forgiving ride. This is due to my body proportions rather than how pro I am(short legs) .

My mate couldn't ride the tarmac for extended periods either as its too low/hard for him. If he was going to get an Specialized he would go for a roubaix.

Kind of depends what you are looking for and what fits you best. For me tarmac is a no brainier if you can get one as it's just a phenomenonal bicycle in every way.

As reference.. I'm 170cm tall with 680mm seat to bb.
Picture for reference

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
For the OP, how did the mechanical install go for you? I recently got a lightly used rim brake SL6 pro with Ultegra Di2. I have Red22 on my SL3 and am going to swap the Red over to the SL6 to save a pound or more.

Did the parts necessary for the mechanical shift conversion come with your bike?

Reading these instructions: https://media.specialized.com/support/collateral/0000040986_R1.pdf
I'm wondering about the words in the picture (below, snipped from the above linked doc) about the cable routing sheath.

If the routing sheath is removed what does one do the next time a shift cable needs replaced? Or maybe i'm misunderstanding.

sheath_removal.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
For the OP, how did the mechanical install go for you? I recently got a lightly used rim brake SL6 pro with Ultegra Di2. I have Red22 on my SL3 and am going to swap the Red over to the SL6 to save a pound or more.

Did the parts necessary for the mechanical shift conversion come with your bike?

Reading these instructions: https://media.specialized.com/support/collateral/0000040986_R1.pdf
I'm wondering about the words in the picture (below, snipped from the above linked doc) about the cable routing sheath.

If the routing sheath is removed what does one do the next time a shift cable needs replaced? Or maybe i'm misunderstanding.

View attachment 323560
Hi, unfortunately cannot assist here - I bought frame new and fitted SRAM so mechanical (thankfully) did not come into it for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When you buy the frame, all the instructions come with it.

They're in the box.

When you buy a counterfeit frame, you come here to ask questions.

We don't allow you to talk about your counterfeit products here. So...
When you buy the frame, all the instructions come with it.

They're in the box.

When you buy a counterfeit frame, you come here to ask questions.

We don't allow you to talk about your counterfeit products here. So...
I opened an account just so I could tell this guy he’s a fucking prick.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts