Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Attachments

Reactions: ogre

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
World was one hell of a race to watch due to bizzare tactics by team Belgium. Let's hope PR will be anywhere close as exciting. I don't think WVA will win. He just doesn't seem to have the killer instinct, relies too much on teammates, and you can't do this in a oneday race because teammates may not always be there for you. If you look at WVA and Roglic, they are great in a race that rely on a strong team (like Jumbo). But in World, neither of these two did much. They're not like a Cancellara, or a prime Sagan, where they can win alone.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well now. That didn’t disappoint. Damn. Congratulations to the podium, that was truly brutal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agreed. That was truly a great race. And my heart goes out to Moscon. Punctured, crashed and got caught on the last 4-star segment.
I’d like my heart to go out to the Ineos rider and I feel for his pain... But his racist history and rocky past had me rooting hard against him... Rarely do I smile at a wreck...

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
the race was exciting due to all the crashes, basically it was one long cyclocross race!
I mean PR is known for the cobbles, but today was just ridiculous with all the mud. It boiled down to luck a lot in these sort of situations, riders were crashing left and right. Sure Cobrelli won, but the best rider of that day was Van der Poel to me. MVDP almost singlehandedly made it a race in the final 30 kilometers instead of letting the racist Moscon walk away with a win. MVDP rides the cobbles like a prime Cancellara.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the race was exciting due to all the crashes, basically it was one long cyclocross race!
I mean PR is known for the cobbles, but today was just ridiculous with all the mud. It boiled down to luck a lot in these sort of situations, riders were crashing left and right. Sure Cobrelli won, but the best rider of that day was Van der Poel to me. MVDP almost singlehandedly made it a race in the final 30 kilometers instead of letting the racist Moscon walk away with a win. MVDP rides the cobbles like a prime Cancellara.
Colbrelli referenced luck in his comments. VDP was spectacular! So was Vermeersch. VDP knew he had a Colbrelli problem. He just couldn’t shake him! And that kid sprinted 1/2 bike length against Colbrelli!!! That’s incredible! He has announced his presence with authority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wishing van Vleuten a speedy recovery. I’m surprised there weren’t more serious injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Colbrelli crying for joy on the infield grass was difficult to watch. I like a little emotion but his seemed affected and stagey.
As gassed and blown up,as he was, he needed to reign that in. It was too much.

·
Registered
876 Posts
That was tears of joy. Not fake at all. This race takes every inch of effort. Even on a dry day it is challenging.
I'll give you the tears, it was the wailing and carrying on that I had a problem with. Seemed affected to garner the extra attention (as if he needed it) It looked like a pro footballer rolling around faking an overdramatic injury hoping for the call.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Colbrelli crying for joy on the infield grass was difficult to watch. I like a little emotion but his seemed affected and stagey.
You do understand that this may be the only Monument that he will ever win in his career right? and it was only made possible by the random luck that the muddy condition dished out. Imagine if you could only have one ejaculation in your whole life and you let it out in the hottest woman on earth.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You do understand that this may be the only Monument that he will ever win in his career right? and it was only made possible by the random luck that the muddy condition dished out. Imagine if you could only have one ejaculation in your whole life and you let it out in the hottest woman on earth.
Did you see it? There is no excuse. There is no reason. Huge emotional outpouring? Sure. 20 minutes of screaming, not so much. Maybe this is it for great wins for him, but still, show some dignity. Show some class. Look like you are going to do this again... And don’t piss on the other podium finishers, one of whom towed your azz to this victory, working 10X harder than you. That was some weird show. Looked awful and demeaning and selfish and not at all a real winner...

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Those tubeless really made an impact, and Deignan was on a 1x too.
Amazing that it was a 3-man seated sprint..Pretty telling.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts