Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Pedal Master
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a Walther P22, GSG-5 or Sig Mosquito? I have several large caliber guns, but would like something that shoots cheap ammo for kicks.

·
Pedal Master
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
largegiant04 said:
good luck finding 22lr ammo, all of the stores around here are sold out
Really? I thought .22LR was nearly a surplus item available at every Wal-Mart?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've got a sig misquito, and they are right its hard to get 22lr ammo these days. I love shooting it though. I have a couple of 45's and when I can find ammo for all of them it about $20 for a box of 50 in 45 acp. its $15 for 500 rounds of 22lr.

I haven't had that many problems with the sig though I like it. You just have to find which ammo it likes to shoot. I would recomend it.

·
Pedal Master
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Off the back
1,850 Posts
What a coincidence...I found a free pass to a range in my drawer tonight. Attached to the receipt for the S&W .22 target pistol bought about ten years ago. Sounds like a good idea to pop off a round or two hundred.

·
Pusher of Pedals
194 Posts
Tell ya what...

real stonie said:
Really? I thought .22LR was nearly a surplus item available at every Wal-Mart?
I work in sporting goods at a Wal Mart. Your best bet to get ammo of any kind at wally world, .22LR included, is to call at 7AM every morning and asking what they have. The way it's been for us is that it gets stocked at 7AM and is gone by 10AM. If you shop at a Wal Mart where the sporting goods associates are worth something, they have the ability to check what kind of ammo, if any, is coming in that day and the day after. GOOD LUCK finding ammo anywhere.

·
Pusher of Pedals
194 Posts
largegiant04 said:
the one walmart here is out of the federal value packs of 550 for 29.99. Thats is a huge markup, but hey, they sold
$29.99!!! I'm selling it at my Wal Mart - when I can get it in stock - for $13.50.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
p22 is awesome, have one here.

something else to consider is the new ruger challenger. have one of those, too. it takes butler creek 25-round mags, and has a bipod. you can fit it in a deep jeans pocket.

i'll post up pics if you want.

J's = loves .22's...

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
ps. re: the ammo "shortage"...there is plenty out there, it's just in people's closets. they bought it when the climate changed and the "ammo recession" was on the horizon. not to take this to the politics board, but...

bricks of 550 were $8 two years ago.

·
Pedal Master
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
haiku d'etat said:
p22 is awesome, have one here.

something else to consider is the new ruger challenger. have one of those, too. it takes butler creek 25-round mags, and has a bipod. you can fit it in a deep jeans pocket.

i'll post up pics if you want.

J's = loves .22's...
What the heck kind of gangsta rapper jeans do you wear that allow for the challenger to fit? Isn't it like 14 inches long? I think it's cool, but I'm just not diggin' it for some reason.

Any issues wit the p22?

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
real stonie said:
What the heck kind of gangsta rapper jeans do you wear that allow for the challenger to fit? Isn't it like 14 inches long? I think it's cool, but I'm just not diggin' it for some reason.

Any issues wit the p22?
old navy baggy carpenter jeans. not that i'm carrying that charger in my pocket (first post said challenger, i'm thinking about other things and that word slipped in there, sorry), but it would fit in those big pockets.

no issues with the p22. only real issue is that the barrel is threaded and i'm itching for a suppressor but don't want to spend the $ on the item + tax stamp.

re: .22 madness, i also have several 10/22's and a deringer or two.

·
Registered
850 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
old navy baggy carpenter jeans. not that i'm carrying that charger in my pocket (first post said challenger, i'm thinking about other things and that word slipped in there, sorry), but it would fit in those big pockets.

no issues with the p22. only real issue is that the barrel is threaded and i'm itching for a suppressor but don't want to spend the $ on the item + tax stamp.

re: .22 madness, i also have several 10/22's and a deringer or two.

Heard tell of a terrible smelting accident? :) :) And the loss of weapons. Or are you feeling more "protected" nowadays? :D

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts
i own two rugers- one 5" normal barrel and a 6.5" slab side. both great, accurate toys, but disassembling them the first few times is a little of a headache.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts