Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently training/racing on a 24-hole powertap with a Reynolds alum. clincher rim. The rim has been good, but is getting to a point where it will need to be replaced soon. Am thinking about going with a Zipp 404 clincher rim. Any other suggestions re a rim that's suitable for both training and racing? Maybe something a bit lighter than the 404? thanks

· Registered
4,105 Posts
Lots of options... does it need to be a clincher? Mind having a carbon brake track? If that is ok the DV46 and Edge clincher are both more than 100g lighter... and lots of tubulars are 200g lighter. And the FP60 rim is a lot less expensive than a 404 and is similar in weight and aero.

· Rider
22 Posts
Edge Clincher

Is the clincher finally trickling out??? I'd be excited about this. I've demoed the tubulars and was very impressed... Can't decide if I'm going clincher or tubular though. I'm leaning towards tubular but want to ride the clinchers first...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.