Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Or you can catch it here
The $25,000 Bicycle - CNBC

Terrible spokesperson
He talks about how people want to get where they're going without spending a ton of money, then pushes these ridiculously pricey bikes
Maybe he could have interviewed a bit better if the news woman would have let him talk and didn't keep interjecting stupid comments. "Oh my god look how thin these tires are!" and "My Walmart bike is carbon fiber!" Get lost sweetcheeks.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was the first thing that stood out to me! Most people that are riding bikes to save money buy a used beater bike from a garage sale. Those are the ones you see riding down the sidewalks and parked at the back of restaurants or tied up to a street pole.

Or you can catch it here
The $25,000 Bicycle - CNBC

Terrible spokesperson
He talks about how people want to get where they're going without spending a ton of money, then pushes these ridiculously pricey bikes

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maria is a stock commentator and probably doesn't know the first thing about bikes. It sounds like she got the interview because she was in the market for a new bike, lol.

Anyway, I wasn't that impressed with the bikes they did show given their cost.

Maybe he could have interviewed a bit better if the news woman would have let him talk and didn't keep interjecting stupid comments. "Oh my god look how thin these tires are!" and "My Walmart bike is carbon fiber!" Get lost sweetcheeks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I can't figure out how anybody gets that bike to $25K. The Il Massimo website lists the Genius carbon frame at $3100 - pricey, but about half of what most would consider for a 'high-end' frame.

I couldn't tell what other parts were on the bike, but let's just say Campy EPS, at $4000 for the groupset, Lightweight Meilenstein wheels at $6000, the Deda Alanera handlebar at $500, be generous and say a $400 saddle, $300 seatpost and $350 pedals - that's only around $14.5K - what other parts could there possibly be on the bike that would cost more than that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.