Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
25th anniversary Dura Ace Worth?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
I have a 25th anniversary Dura Ace kit that is still in the case, everything is brand new. I was wondering if this is some sort of collectable? Does this have any sort of value? If I were to try to sell it, what do you think a fair asking price would be? I bought it a few years ago on an impulse after seeing it in the display case at the local shop. It came in this nice high tech looking aluminum briefcase(very james bond like) with each component sorted with its own place in the case. It even came with a Dura Ace 25th anniversary watch. All the components actually had 25th anniversary etched onto them. I never got around to installing the components onto my bike. Now since I just got 10 spd dura ace, I am never going to use this group. Is it worth holding to see if its' value increases or should I just sell it? How much should I ask? What are some good avenues to try to sell the group? Ebay? or any other sites that you all know of?
Thanks in advance!
Nctacoma

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I know someone who might be..

divve said:
In Europe they almost couldn't even give those away....BTW, anyone want to buy an almost new DA9 group for 450? :)
Post the spec details... you know hub holes, eng or ita BB, headset or no, crank length and chainrings... it's all in the details...

Someone I ride with may be interested in that.

Russ

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
175mm crank - Double 53/39
English BB
31.8mm clamp-on FR + RR short cage derailleur
2x 12-23 cassette of which one is still in the box
Chain
Grey Shimano uncut inner and outer cables
28-h hubs
STI + a pair of new hood covers still in blister
(original hoods are pracically brand new though)
F+R calipers + a set of Koolstop black pads unused.

Everything is Shimano DA '03.

·
Registered
38 Posts
divve said:
175mm crank - Double 53/39
English BB
31.8mm clamp-on FR + RR short cage derailleur
2x 12-23 cassette of which one is still in the box
Chain
Grey Shimano uncut inner and outer cables
28-h hubs
STI + a pair of new hood covers still in blister
(original hoods are pracically brand new though)
F+R calipers + a set of Koolstop black pads unused.

Everything is Shimano DA '03.
I might be interested in some of the parts, especially the shifters and derailleurs. Email me at javier underscore mxl at yahoo dot com.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
No sorry, I'm only interested to get rid of the whole lot. Also, note that I'm shipping from Europe. Payment however can be done by regular money order or whatever method is most convenient to friends of mine in California.

For verification I can take pics of any item you wish. Give me time for the hubs though as they're still laying at my LBS. They never got built into a wheelset cause of my switch to Campy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
divve said:
No sorry, I'm only interested to get rid of the whole lot. Also, note that I'm shipping from Europe. Payment however can be done by regular money order or whatever method is most convenient to friends of mine in California.

For verification I can take pics of any item you wish. Give me time for the hubs though as they're still laying at my LBS. They never got built into a wheelset cause of my switch to Campy.
Thanks anyways. I'm just trying to upgrade some basic parts and my budget is limited since I'm buying a track bike soon.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
.....you know the longer I think about it, the less I feel like selling to someone in the US...unless Russ replies the sale is closed....just don't feel like dealing with the hassle of payment options and having to verify it with a 3rd party, i.e., friends in CA.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
divve said:
.....you know the longer I think about it, the less I feel like selling to someone in the US...unless Russ replies the sale is closed....just don't feel like dealing with the hassle of payment options and having to verify it with a 3rd party, i.e., friends in CA.

If you have international concerns, I wouldn't blame you. I trust your reputation here as I have read your posts for a long time now. So I would be comfortable sending you money to your friends or to you thru paypal... whatever.. but I haven't talked yet to the person I know who may be interested. So if you want to reconsider, that's cool, I understand. I would see this guy on the weekend, so I could let you know after that, but if you want to sell only in Europe, I don't have a problem with that. I would just be trying to help a friend and and RBR member out in setting them up with a deal together.

No big deal to me either way, but let me know if you don't want to sell.... and I can let you know after the weekend if the other guy is serious or not.

Russ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.