Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace the tires and wheels on my vintage Motobecane bike. The wheel reads 27X 1 1/4 and the tires read 27X 1 1/8. I would like to replace both if possible. Does anyone know where I can find this size wheel? I am told is a common wheel for older road bikes. Thanks.

Beau

·
Registered
330 Posts
links0311 said:
I am looking to replace the tires and wheels on my vintage Motobecane bike. The wheel reads 27X 1 1/4 and the tires read 27X 1 1/8. I would like to replace both if possible. Does anyone know where I can find this size wheel? I am told is a common wheel for older road bikes. Thanks.

Beau
Any decent bike store should stock at least cheap 27 1 1/4's like Tioga's. If you want good ones you may have to pony up and order Continental 27x1's.

·
"It's alive!"
1,454 Posts
links0311 said:

Beau
If you don't have a bike shop nearby, check out Walmart. They sometimes carry Bell brand tires in 27X1 1/4" sizes, with a snazzy reflective strip on the sidewalls! Cost is $9/tire.

- FBB

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trouble

I had some trouble with my first LBS and just found another. This guy is awesome. As long as you like smoke, he smokes alot in his poorly ventilated shop. He has some steel wheels going for 19 bucks. They're a little on the heavy side, but I don't plan on racing anywhere. Just commuting to school and back. Thanks for the posts.

Links

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,528 Posts
I found some at my LBS. Weinnman, alloy. Decent wheelset. I allso got some Conti 27 x 1 3/8 tires on e-bay. Not too hard to find.

·
Bikespace member
4,461 Posts
you can also find some 27 rims from thrift store bikes, that was the standard size for many bikes for a long time.

as for tires. bontrager has a nice 27" tire for around $15.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.