Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running 28 tires right now on my FG and I am thinking of going back to 25c tires due to RR. It "feels" faster to me riding on the 25's and they are plush enough for me on the steel bike.

In my head? My feelings are based on the same brand and style. Also 25 will allow me to run SKS Raceblade fenders.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
I didn't notice a lot of difference between 28s and 25s on my bikes. Maybe it's because I was putting too much air pressure in the 28s. Who knows. I switched back to 25s for the same reasons -- they're lighter, faster and fit with fenders better.

·
Registered
21,639 Posts
Do you own a watch?

DIRT BOY said:
I am running 28 tires right now on my FG and I am thinking of going back to 25c tires due to RR. It "feels" faster to me riding on the 25's and they are plush enough for me on the steel bike.

In my head? My feelings are based on the same brand and style. Also 25 will allow me to run SKS Raceblade fenders.
I guess I'm always confused about why people don't just do some time trials and see which tire actually is faster. Everybody talks about feel, but nobody gets out the stopwatch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.