Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently have a 07 Roubaix Expert and need a 2nd bike I can leave in my office for quickie lunch rides. Used seems to be the way to go but if I were to buy new which brand is best value with 105 components? Would like to stay in the 500-800 range if possible.

·
Banned
6,492 Posts
Can you build up a Surly for that? Or thrift shops

speedsterveloce said:
Currently have a 07 Roubaix Expert and need a 2nd bike I can leave in my office for quickie lunch rides. Used seems to be the way to go but if I were to buy new which brand is best value with 105 components? Would like to stay in the 500-800 range if possible.
My office bike is an old Trek 620 tourer I bought from the Salvation Army for $25. Didn't need anything but lube and tires. You might check the thrift shops in your area to see what's available (take a couple of weeks--at least around here, the stock changes often). Otherwise, can you build a Surly for that? I haven't checked in three or four years, but back in the day you could bet a Cross Check frame for about $300, and I had nearly enough parts to make it into a bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.