Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If my second crit of the day is about an hour and a half after the first finishes, what would be my best cooldown/warm-up procedure for race #2? Thanks a buttload.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Here's what you do..

thenazz said:
If my second crit of the day is about an hour and a half after the first finishes, what would be my best cooldown/warm-up procedure for race #2? Thanks a buttload.
Go directly to your car post finish of the first race. Take a recovery drink (I prefer Endurox myself) and something to eat, get back on your bike. Drink and eat while spinning down post race, say, about 15-20 at most. Get off bike, do a little stretch, drink some water or something to hyrdrate some more, and put your legs up. About 30 minutes before 2nd race, get up, get back on the bike, ride around a little and get to the line. You won't really need to warm up too much for race #2 since you've already raced once and warmed up once really well before the first race. No need to do a long warm up for race #2.

Personally, a lot of the times I've doubled up races, I've ended up doing better in race #2.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts