Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine are:
A- Easton ec90 sl full carbon fork (330 grams). Light and comfy, not as stiff as my OLD Time Equipe carbon fiber fork but damps the buzz & bumps nicely & keeps the front wheel from skipping while cornering on expansion joints and rough stuff. It sat in my basement for a few months cause I was ascared it was going to ride rougher than old fork, glad I was wrong.

2- FSA Wing Pro Shallow drop bars (260 grams). I'm riding on the drops more then I did when I was 25 cause of the shallow drops. I also like the flat tops and the flat transition to the hoods.

III- Continental Grand Prix 4000 tires 700x23 (205 grams). Comfy and super grippy, they really increase confidence in hard cornering & eat up road buzz. Haven't flatted in 3 months of almost daily riding but lots of that might be where I ride. Tread life seems ok, back is almost cooked. I hope the 4000 S is even better.

What items are your favorites and what are their positive attributes & downsides if any? If I had a frame that rode too stiff, I'd get the EC90sl fork and Conti 4000 tires to smooth things out.

twinkles

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
1) Giant TCR advanced frame
2) Jamis XCR Pro frame
3) Vitttoria open corsa evo-cx cllincher

·
MTBR Member
3,124 Posts
I have not bought much cool stuff yet in 2008. Most of my expenses have been MTB race fees, and small things like tools, tubes, and cables.

I did get some lights though. Dinotte 200L dual.

EDIT! My new Rocky Mountain Solo CX just jumped to the top of my list.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,723 Posts
Halo Headband, keeps the sweat out of my eyes, only downside is the little dimple in your forehead after using it.
Brooks B-17, Lovely saddle for my Fillmore, great after a bit of breakin.
Dinotte 200L Dual Lights, sweet LED's for night biking in the woods. Downsides? Not!

·
Registered
65 Posts
1) Felt F1x
2) Micehelin Mud 2's
3) Smartwool socks

·
Knives, Guns, and Booze
2,942 Posts
1) Tardformance “lighweight” 700x18-26 tubes (I buy them by the dozen when they’re “on sale” for “only” $4.99 each)
2) 2008 Ridley Damocles with SRAM Rival crap components
3) A frame pump that almost doesn’t suck (it will handle up to 140PSI if you don’t tire out at 120PSI after five minutes of pumping)

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
1) Fizik Aliante saddle - Comfort at last
2) Crank Bros. Quattro pedals - Great platform, easy clip in and out.
3) Nitto bullhorns for the fixie. - A revelation in stiffness.

·
Failboat Captian
6,559 Posts
  • The paint job on my commuter
  • my new ROL Volant wheelset
  • The ENO freewheel for my commuter

I really haven't bought anything else, other than generic maintenance stuff. I have some new tires and tubes that are in the mail to me right now, blah, blah, blah.

1,130 Posts
700-28 tires

1) I agree with the Halo headband -- it really does the job -- no sweat in the eyes.

2) Beside that, the best was moving up from 23 to 28 in tire size. More comfortable, by far, and better grip on the road. I can understand sticking with 23s if you race, but for the rest of us ... 28s (or at least 25s) are the way to go.

3) Brooks saddle.

4) Cheap, thin summer jerseys ala Target store.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
1. New house with GARAGE :D also an excersize room with my rollers setup and a TV for cycling vids. (garage has an air compressor as well now)

2. got a Edge 305 for xmas

3. dig my 4000s tires so far.

not much else new around here

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Have not bought that much this year

1) Mavic Open Pro w/Ultegra hubs in silver
2) Duraace 10 speed barcon shifters
3) TBD

My toss up on #3 is I have bought a few repeat products that were in use on my other bikes and liked them so much I bought a second set/pair, Nitto Randoneur bars or Nashbar house brand Shimano style pedals. On second thought, the stainless bottle cages I got from Orange Velo take the #3 spot.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.