Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Master debator.
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took off after work yesterday on the singlespeed. The front went flat, small piece of metal shaving stuck in the tread. Fixed that and carried on. Soon the rear felt bouncy, fixed that and headed back as I was out of flat fixing materials. Figured I'd make up for it today.
Today, took off on a ride after work on the geared bike. It was very nice out, I was stoked after a bad week so far. Within 6 miles the rear tire went flat, I couldn't really find the offending object. Fixed it and carried on, and it started to get soft again. I kept it going with co2, until my co2 pump broke. I made it back, fairly irritated. It turned out to be a tiny sliver of wire that only showed itself when it was pumped up really hard, it was stuck in the casing somewhere. I didn't feel it when I ran my thumb through the tire along the road.
So I fixed all that, and tomorrow I'll try the 29er on some fire roads and gravel hilly stuff etc.
Good thing I have 4 bikes though. At least one of them should allow me to get a decent ride in!
Oh yea, I rounded a nut off on my singlespeed axle, guess I'll have to get a new one or carry a Vise grip with me too :D

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
I've been getting flats on my front for two weeks. Seems like the same place every time, but there's nothing wrong with the tire or rim from what I can see. Probably needs a new tire anyway.

A couple of rides I've taken off to head toward the meeting place, gotten two flats before I got there, and just decided to pack it in. One was a 6 am ride. Here I am at friggin 530 am changing a flat under a street light. beh.

·
Master debator.
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave Hickey said:
I've had that happen....I just start drinking instead....I figure it's not my day to ride
I think you are older than me, so I'll take that as advice and open up the bottle of Bacardi I have sitting here.
I need new tires for both road bikes, I was hoping they'd make it until winter. Both look okay, but they are getting beat up some.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts