Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
epic said:
Hmm... you're right, maybe somebody should mic one of those things and see if it really is smaller than the 31.6 we all know and love.
I REALLY wish someone would do this.Both my current Bianchi's have 27.2's.I will eventually get a carbon frame and I would like to know once and for all if a more common 31.6 will fit.On my current Reparto course bike I am really pleased with my fitment but I am using a zero-set back seat post.Those are kind of hard to come by in 31.4.

I will say this,my C Freccia Celeste which uses a 27.2 has a slightly larger inner diameter than 27.2.If I loosen the seat post clamp all the way the post will slide down into the tube by itself.With that said,if their "31.4" ST is the same way I don't see why a 31.6 won't fit just fine.

Hell,next time my LBS gets a 31.4 frameset in I might just buy a cheap 31.6 post just to see if ut fits.We mic'd a Freccia Celeste HC last time they had one there and couldn't tell either way.It looked like it could have been a 31.5 for all we could tell.(probably needed a better mic)

·
Registered
467 Posts
jim hubbard said:
31.6 will fit with some grease. I know as I built my wifes up with an easton post. I would say the fit is snug but it wasnt forced into the seat tube.
This is what I have ben wanting to hear.I can deal with "snug".:thumbsup:

My 27.2 Freccia Celeste fit the seat post very loose.I always assumed that the 31.4 bikes would fit a 31.6 if they were anywhere near as loose as my FC.

·
Registered
453 Posts
*cough* Lathe-turning *cough*

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.