Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am after a 31.6mm forward seatpost for my 2005 Scott CR1 - carbon or alloy - but can't seem to find one in the market. They all seem to be made only in the 27.2mm diameter size.

I am currently using a Thompson Elite zero off-set seat post, but need to get ~1cm forward to reach my ideal set-up for Triathlons. Please Help!

Thanks so much in advance!

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
What? Everyone makes them in 31.6

Easton, Thomson, Kalloy... everyone uses this size, it's quite popular.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i've heard you can flip around a Thomson setback... so it has a foreward offset.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. The Thompson setback (flipped backwards) sounds like a good option.

My LBS advices against using a shim - says I may break my seat post collar on the carbon frame. How real is that? I would LUV to use the "tricked out" Profile Design FFC. :-D

·
Registered
984 Posts
I doubt that a shim would cause any problems with a CF frame. My old Aegis Aro had a shim for 9 years without any problems. My new Aegis Zaero came with a shim. What CF frame are you worried about?

·
Registered
89 Posts
what's the price diff. between the Prfile and the Thomson??? I think the Masterpiece runs $140 msrp... I like the looks of the Thomson on a non TT/Tri bike... But if your bike is aero you might as well go aero all they around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.