Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
gazing from the shadows
27,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cat killed 36 socks from the basement, mostly singles.

Plus 2 big car washing size sponges and a small scrubby sponge from the bike bench.

That's in the past 2 days.

SOCKBANE!

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
dr hoo said:

Plus 2 big car washing size sponges and a small scrubby sponge from the bike bench.

SOCKBANE!
Forget socks, Hoo, I got some cave crickets that your cats can feast on. My dogs won't attack them, so my wife makes me kill them, but a cat would probably have more fun with them.

Those are the only things in my basement (well more of a cellar, no concrete, etc).

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
lousylegs said:
Forget socks, Hoo, I got some cave crickets that your cats can feast on. My dogs won't attack them, so my wife makes me kill them, but a cat would probably have more fun with them.

Those are the only things in my basement (well more of a cellar, no concrete, etc).
Take my word on this, they will just play with the crickets. 99% of the time, the cricket gets away. I have 3 cats. They're great at detecting the errant insect invader but they're mostly useless at routing them.

THEN, on the rare occassion of enemy casualties, the body parts left on the battlefield is usually enough to freak out the wife.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
dr hoo said:

SOCKBANE!

Just curious.... how many pairs of socks do you have to not have missed 36 halves???

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
My cat has a taste for lizards. I'm not sure where they get in, but during the summer it's rare for me not to find a dead one about once a week. Usually under the living room rug. And then he acts like I'm committing some grave sin by throwing their little corpses outside. Ew.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
KenB said:
Just curious.... how many pairs of socks do you have to not have missed 36 halves???
Our socks live in the basement, and the summer ones are out in a basket mixed with winter ones. But I did miss socks, that is why I counted.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
lets_ride said:
My cat has a taste for lizards. I'm not sure where they get in, but during the summer it's rare for me not to find a dead one about once a week. Usually under the living room rug. And then he acts like I'm committing some grave sin by throwing their little corpses outside. Ew.
A friend of mine's cat loved to play with lizards. She didn't kill them though, just removed their tails. All these stub tailed lizards, running around her yard...

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
snapdragen said:
A friend of mine's cat loved to play with lizards. She didn't kill them though, just removed their tails. All these stub tailed lizards, running around her yard...
We had a cat that ate spiders and was invariably grossed out by the foul taste of them time and again. :rolleyes:

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
rogger said:
We had a cat that ate spiders and was invariably grossed out by the foul taste of them time and again. :rolleyes:
Chloe finds them most delicious. We call spiders "snacks" in my house:rolleyes:

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
snapdragen said:
Chloe finds them most delicious. We call spiders "snacks" in my house:rolleyes:
You must have different spiders out there, ours taste bitter. :rolleyes:

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
snapdragen said:
and you know this how?:eek:
I et one! I was like 15, drunk and trying to impress this girl, okay? Somehow she didn't want to make out tho...:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
19,483 Posts
One of my cats is seriously addicted to Pit'r Pat cat treats. I mean man, this boy's got a monkey on his back. He's constantly meowing for them, walking in front of me, all over the keyboard, sitting in front of the monitor and begging for them.

I need detox for cats! :rolleyes:

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
il sogno said:
One of my cats is seriously addicted to Pit'r Pat cat treats. I mean man, this boy's got a monkey on his back. He's constantly meowing for them, walking in front of me, all over the keyboard, sitting in front of the monitor and begging for them.

Too late, cats don't do detox.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
il sogno said:

Do they work? My wife is forever on a quest for kitty breath mints.

·
Super Moderator
19,483 Posts
KenB said:
Do they work? My wife is forever on a quest for kitty breath mints.
They help a little. But be forewarned the kitty will be mainlining the stuff fer sure. Strange 'cause it's a vegetarian product.

Thing is our other cat is not hooked on 'em. Then again, the one that is hooked is a real gourmet. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts