Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked Branford Bike and it doesn't look like they have 36-tooth inner (small) rings to fit a non-compact Campy double crank. Does anyone know of other sources that might sell them...if they exist? I know going compact may be in my future, but I'd rather hold off buying a new bottom bracket, etc...at this point in time.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
Visual clue

JasonF said:
I just checked Branford Bike and it doesn't look like they have 36-tooth inner (small) rings to fit a non-compact Campy double crank. Does anyone know of other sources that might sell them...if they exist?
Per C-40's post, there ain't no sucha thing. And, if you simply looked at your current 39t ring, you would see that there is no physical way for a smaller ring to fit - the holes for the chain ring bolts are right at the very outer edge of the diameter of the chain ring.

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
Don't think you need a new bottom bracket to get a CT crank. I've switched between Record CT and Record alloy cranks a couple times without changing the bottom bracket.

The BB issue would only occur if you had a triple...

One other thing to consider is a 13-29 cassette. Obviously the benefit would be greater if you were currently riding something like a 11-23.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.