Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in search of a 38cm (measured center to center) shallow carbon road bar (31.8). I have looked and looked but there are not too many of those around. Most companies start at 40cm. Salsa makes one and Ritchey makes the WCS Carbon Evolution and Evolution SL road bars. I saw an FSA K-Force Compact in that size offered by a dealer in England but cannot find that bar here, and it is not listed in that size on FSA's website. Very curious. Are there any bars I am missing? Also, does anyone have any experience with the Ritchey bar. Thanks.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I've got a fsa wing pro shallow in size 44. Because of the way the drops flare out, my 44's measure 42 ctc at the hoods. So if you can't find a 38, you might be happy with a 40. It looks like the Ritchey Biomax II's flare out the same way or even more. I hope you are gonna be as happy with the shallow drops as I have been with mine.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,520 Posts
twinkles said:
I've got a fsa wing pro shallow in size 44. Because of the way the drops flare out, my 44's measure 42 ctc at the hoods. So if you can't find a 38, you might be happy with a 40. It looks like the Ritchey Biomax II's flare out the same way or even more. I hope you are gonna be as happy with the shallow drops as I have been with mine.
Note: Ritchey bars with flare are measured at the hoods, opposite of the way FSA does it. Just worth noting.

Also, Bontrager has a couple of choices. They even go to 36mm, if you want to go with aluminum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.