Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months back i bought C-4 44sp front and 185sp rear hubs to replace the hubs on my vuelta XRP after i had put my chain in to the spokes because of a bent deraillur hanger, but now i'm thinking that those hoops might be to heavy for such a nice set of hubs. I'm trying to decede betewwn a 58mm or a 38mm rim. Also anyone know about a good light rim that is affordable. I love edge but thats just out of my budget and i know there is always ebay of brands but not sure on the quality and they seam a bit heavy for carbon rims.

·
Online Wheel Builder
3,214 Posts
It really depends on your riding conditions. If your going to be racing/riding predominately in groups and/or live in a windy place, then the 38mm would be your best bet. On the other hand if you ride solo and dont have big issues with crosswinds then the 58mm may be a better choice. My personal favorite though is deep in the back, shallow up front. This wont make the front end feel "squirrely" in the crosswinds but you will still have some massive aero benefits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.