Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
great choices right down to the cables, it all just fits, as usual for you. I really like the Rolls and the tape. Say, is this your first red bike??

b21

·
Registered
249 Posts
and the pedals are...?

Seems to me like the pedals are a bit more recent than DA 7400, aren't they? They look more like 7800 to me ;)

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
You don't waste any time. Two bike builds in one weekend. You must have been stockpiling those Krylions for the occasion.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
DA 74xx

Except for the pedals. You must have stacks of the stuff lying around. Nice looking and yours looks unbelievably clean. Have fun on your ride, Curious to hear your comments about the bike.

Dave Hickey said:
A few more

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Nice one, two bikes and two test rides in one weekend. Now this I love, is the gearing indexed ot too early for that? I reckon going for yellow and red flutes would hev been good like on the fixie.

Daughter is on my lap shouting red yellow bike, so I guess she likes it.

Whats the Hickey stable up to now?

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Boy, you don't waste any time, do you?

Another gem and those dropouts and seatlug cluster are to die for. Like I said on the fixed forum, bring 'em both next time you come west.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
As always Dave, great looking bike. I believe it was TMB who said it in another post, you suck, and I mean that in the nicest possible way.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
That crank is a 7410. One generation newer than the other 7402/3. Looks like a 7700 cartridge headset. Nice upgrade. I had bad luck BITD with the 7402 headsets.....they pitted easily and I went through a bunch. Nice bike Dave. They were so rare and under rated, often overshadowed by the Italian brands but just as nice or nicer frame. I remember my friend acquired a dark blue and yellow lettering Katana Super Record. He pulled all the Super Record off it and "upgraded" to DA 7400 7sp parts. It did kind of match the all Japanese theme....looked killer too. Well done. :thumbsup:

brewster

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
tarwheel2 said:
You don't waste any time. Two bike builds in one weekend. You must have been stockpiling those Krylions for the occasion.
Krylions are fast becoming my favorite tire. Leave it to Hickey to be ahead of the curve.:D

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
That's a great looking bike Dave. Just Beautiful!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
that sound is my enthusiastic clapping! Nice build, great choice not to repaint. That must be one snappy ride, I'll bet it handles very quick and responsive. Enjoy your new choice.

How do you decide what you'll ride on a given day, btw? You must have 5-10 different road bikes, correct?

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just got back from my first ride.......Love at first ride.....

I spent all weekend on my 3Rensho fixie so this bike didn't get a workout until tonight.

The handling of this bike is quick and responsive.......I love it.........

1 - 20 of 23 Posts