Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking either at the Team or Limited versions. They supposedly have a flat top which I find comfortable, and a good transition to the hoods.

Anyone know how they deffer from the Ergonova versions?

I assume these on ebay at 1/3 retail price are knock offs? Then again, I can see these things wholesaling for $50.

New 3T Ergosum Carbon Road Cycling Bicycler Handlebar | eBay

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
I thought the Ergonova had the flattened top and the ergosum was round.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
For $400 retail, there are many other options instead of the Ergonova, ouch. That $400 hurts just looking at it

Does this bar has some invisble rope that allows you to attach to the rider ahead of you for that price?

My beloved FSA K-Wing goes for $350 retail and it makes you coffee in the morning.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For $400 retail, there are many other options instead of the Ergonova, ouch. That $400 hurts just looking at it

Does this bar has some invisble rope that allows you to attach to the rider ahead of you for that price?

My beloved FSA K-Wing goes for $350 retail and it makes you coffee in the morning.
I'd never pay $400 for a handlebar. That's crazy. They had the Ergo Sum Team on Chain Love for $150 today. Its one step down from the limited (about 18 grams heavier). Same shape and everything.

Anyone who pays full retail for bike gear either has no patience, or no brains.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have the Ergonova bars on my training bike and the Ergosum bars on my race bike. The Ergonova bars seem to be a bit narrower (they're both 42 cm). The ergonomic bend seems to be about the same. I really like wide top of the Ergonova bars, so when I get the chance, I'll probably swap the Ergosum bars for the Ergonova bars.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I'd never pay $400 for a handlebar. That's crazy. They had the Ergo Sum Team on Chain Love for $150 today. Its one step down from the limited (about 18 grams heavier). Same shape and everything.

Anyone who pays full retail for bike gear either has no patience, or no brains.
I've done the no patients thing with my mtb when I crashed on a preride to a race (mtb) and needed a new front brake from the local shop. I had to pay retail, but at least the installed for free.

I too saw those bars on ChainLove...............very tempting.

Look at WilliamsCycling bars too. All the things I got from them have been good quality at a good price. I do not have their carbon bars, but other things they make.

·
Pathlete and Pedalphile
3,182 Posts
very nice..........................
If they were compact and 100 mm, I'd give you $289.36 for them.........
I was using FSA Wing Pro Compact with 128 mm drop. These have a 140 mm drop and 120 mm stem. Not compact but they have a larger flat top and ergo bends which feel nicer than my FSA's.

Now, if you would have offered me $289.37 and throw in a hooker and some blow.......

·
Burn baby, burn.
2,497 Posts
I have the Ergosum's too (aluminium).
Great shape but IMO no better than the Deda RHM01 bar that is $40+ cheaper.
If you want the flat top then the Deda RHM02 is also around $40 cheaper than the comparable Ergnova.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have some of the team carbon Ergosum bars. My favorite bar as it happens. I do have another bike with a flat top bar like the FSA Kwing. The Ergonova which combines the Ergosum shape with the flat top would likely be even better. Good handlebars though. Appear to be very good quality (which at that price they should be). Got mine 2nd hand unused at a hefty discount. Look around and you can score some of them. There is at least one new in the box on ebay now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.