1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Its beyond custom and many parts had to be fabricated.

·
Premium Member
11,955 Posts
Fairwheel had that bike in their booth in Vegas. Crazy light.

They also put Di2 on a 29er mtb and programmed a chip to shift the front derailleur automatically, based on the chain moving up & down the cassette. Those boys are up to some crazy sh*t in AZ...

·
Shrewdest Unit Mover
1,483 Posts
Hollywood said:
Fairwheel had that bike in their booth in Vegas. Crazy light.

They also put Di2 on a 29er mtb and programmed a chip to shift the front derailleur automatically, based on the chain moving up & down the cassette. Those boys are up to some crazy sh*t in AZ...
It's because we have way too much time inside during the summer months. Kinda like cabin fever.

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
I like the first comment on the story...

"You can get a decent road bike for $600, and probably less if you're a good shopper. "

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
c_kyle said:
It's had something like 40,000km put on it, between it's two iterations.
Probably not by anyone my size...

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
c_kyle said:
I don't know the weight of both owners, but I think it says somewhere that the bike or frame has a 140lbs weight limit.
I'm sure the olsen twins will be happy to know someone has built a bike just for them.

Needs more swarovski crystals.

·
9,790 Posts
There are a lot of stupid people replying to the story...

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,793 Posts
PlatyPius said:
There are a lot of stupid people replying to the story...
I don't know...the guy who recommended losing 30+ pounds off the rider, and saving $45,000 was pretty much spot on.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Jim311 said:
6 pounds, is this legit? I can't fathom a 6 pound bike.
yes it is! :thumbsup:

·
Custom User Title
760 Posts
On TriRig.com, the article says the first iteration had ~20,000km. I thought I read somewhere else that this latest iteration has been ridden for a few thousand miles or so, and that it had a 140lbs weight limit, but I can't find it. Maybe it was on WW.com.

The bike is cool. It's not supposed to be anything you can buy/build; but some of its tech may trickle down into mainstream production down the road.

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
My Own Private Idaho said:
Where exactly?
You could put a pound of the things on that bike and still have a stupid-light bike.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts