Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm a big guy, a clydesdale to be exact. I ride a bianchi Nirone7 and i am in need of 46 cm handlebars. I currently have 42's. I have searched and searched to no avail. Does anyone have any advice. I have seen some but havent been able to find them at any available places. Could anyone help. I've measured and i'm sure i am a 46. Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
twitch1 said:
So i'm a big guy, a clydesdale to be exact. I ride a bianchi Nirone7 and i am in need of 46 cm handlebars. I currently have 42's. I have searched and searched to no avail. Does anyone have any advice. I have seen some but havent been able to find them at any available places. Could anyone help. I've measured and i'm sure i am a 46. Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:
I'm assuming you are looking for 46cm that are measured "center to center"....since most of manufacturers biggest bars are 44 C-C (or 46cm outside to outside O-O).

If that's the case the Ritchey Pro comes in a 46 C-C size and is about as wide as you are going to find with a good overall feel.

I had one on a previous bike and liked it a lot, if I were no longer racing I'd probably switch back one instead of the 44 C-C Ritchey Pro I'm running on my race bike.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm using 46cm Deda Newton bars. I like them so far. Google shopping may give you some additional options or your LBS may have something to offer.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
I've got Deda 46cm bars too. Try Googling Deda handlebars & look through the sites. They're not real common, but they're out there.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
I just took a 3 min. look & found these. If you look through the list, you'll find more than a few choices.

·
Registered
440 Posts
bontragers

I second the recommendation on bontragers. I think mine are 46 cm c-c, which is a big bar. Plus, I bought the flat top style that has the longest reach. That's great for me because I have a long torso and bars with long reach extend your reach without having to have a stem that is longer than 140.

·
I am not aero
304 Posts
FWIW Bontragers are measured center-to-center while Dedas are measured outside-to-outside (putting the Dedas a bit over 44 c-c). I have both and prefer the Dedas, but mostly because of the profile.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Search ebay under sporting goods-outdoor sports-cycling-road bike parts-handlebars. If you search for a few days you will find a few 46cm c-c at good prices.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm a clyde too and I ride Deda bars. Salsa also makes bars up to 46 and I thought they were measured out to out, but not sure.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Salsa is out to out. I was looking at the salsa moto ace i think is what they are. But i would like the flat top bar. So i am going to look into the ones yall mentioned. Thanks yall.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts