Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make them? I would imagine the cost vs. such as small piece of the market might eliminate such a small frame. My girlfriend might be interested in a new ride but the fitter put her in between a 45 and 47 cm frame. While we can still look to custom steel or ???? I thought it would be worth it to at least consider CF.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,723 Posts
KarlW said:
Does anyone make them? I would imagine the cost vs. such as small piece of the market might eliminate such a small frame. My girlfriend might be interested in a new ride but the fitter put her in between a 45 and 47 cm frame. While we can still look to custom steel or ???? I thought it would be worth it to at least consider CF.
Trek 5200 and Pilot I believe come in 47.

Specialized Ruby in 44 & 47.

Calfee did a custom 47 for a friend last year. Beautiful but expensive.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Depending on the manufacturer, you could probably go up to 49 or even 50cm. Many companies measure the frame sizes to the top of the seat collar, which can add 2-6cm to the center-center measurement (the only geometrically meaningful size). Also don't forget to size by top tube -- not just the seat tube length...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.