Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody planning on celebrating the day of independence by freeing themselves from their worries and all of their worldly concerns during a morning ride? If so, where do you plan on heading? Are you going with a big group or are you looking forward to a long solo affair? Will the route be filled with challenging climbs or will you just fly through the flats?? Post some pics if you get the chance....

I think I will head out, but I am debating riding with a group in the Roswell area or just heading out on my own before heading to BBQ at my sister's house.... Right now, my heart says just hit the Silver Comet Trail to ride like a mad man unencumbered, especially since I plan to ride with a new group this Saturday.

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
Anybody planning on celebrating the day of independence by freeing themselves from their worries and all of their worldly concerns during a morning ride? If so, where do you plan on heading? Are you going with a big group or are looking forward to a long solo affair? Will the route be filled with challenging climbs or will you just fly through the flats?? Post some pics if you get the chance....

I think I will head out, but I am debating riding with a group in the Roswell area or just heading out on my own before heading to BBQ at my sister's house.... Right now, my heart says just hit the Silver Comet Trail to ride like a mad man unencumbered, especially since I plan to ride with a new group this Saturday.
I probably will just do a solo ride in the morning. I don't like to ride in the afternoon on holidays like the 4th because of the potential for drunk drivers

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I probably will just do a solo ride in the morning. I don't like to ride in the afternoon on holidays like the 4th because of the potential for drunk drivers
Amen to that. That's part of the reason I plan to get out early too even though the heavy drinking will probably start for some tonight I suppose. Very valid point though man.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Looking for my 1st 3 hour ride of the year ... my body is not young, and I don't like to ride when it's cold, like under 70 F, so it takes me until July to build up miles.

I ride alone - too slow for the moderate group, too fast for the casual group.

·
Cycling Addict
5,178 Posts
Anybody planning on celebrating the day of independence by freeing themselves from their worries and all of their worldly concerns during a morning ride? If so, where do you plan on heading? Are you going with a big group or are you looking forward to a long solo affair? Will the route be filled with challenging climbs or will you just fly through the flats?? Post some pics if you get the chance....

Do you ride with the Free Flyte group?

I have to work until 4PM, so I am planning to get a couple of hours in after that.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm working today 8am to midnight but got my ass up at 430am for a 24 mile ride before work. Feel good!!!!!
You are a soldier!!! Or your looney tunes, maybe both??? :p I just finished a 22 mile solo ride. It's getting hot out. Heading home to initiate project get your grill on now. Def a great way to start the holiday.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you ride with the Free Flyte group?

I have to work until 4PM, so I am planning to get a couple of hours in after that.
Not yet. I plan on hooking up with Metro Atlanta Cycling Club next weekend. I will try to check them out if you recommend it though.

·
Cycling Addict
5,178 Posts
Not yet. I plan on hooking up with Metro Atlanta Cycling Club next weekend. I will try to check them out if you recommend it though.
I've never ridden with them, but one of my best friends from college (who I rode across the country with back in '85) is a regular in that group.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've never ridden with them, but one of my best friends from college (who I rode across the country with back in '85) is a regular in that group.
Ok, cool. I might check them out if I don't like this MACC group.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Did a relaxed pace Century, about 60 of it with a group - perfect weather here for a long one 17.7mph and 3000 feet of climbing.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did a relaxed pace Century, about 60 of it with a group - perfect weather here for a long one 17.7mph and 3000 feet of climbing.
Nice! Now, that's an Independence Day ride!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
32.5 miles solo, my longest ride in three years. Got an early start, which might be why 9W seemed light. Tired.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Put it in the books, tour of my town, 700am, 40m, 2700ft, 2:33. And I had coffee. Had to beg some water from the others, only brought one WBottle.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.