Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
5/29 RoadBikeReview After Work Ride Report -- $20 patch kit

We did an counter-clockwise Portola Loop, leaving from the Sharon Heights shopping center. Thien celebrated Jens' win with his CSC kit -- we saw another rider doing the same, but I don't think he had the matching helmet and gloves.

The big highlight of note was Thien's $20 patch kit, which he broke out after a piece of glass slashed through his Continentals. This patch kit is one of the easiest I've seen to use, so I thought I'd include a photo step-by-step guide:

Step 1: Prepare the patch kit by folding it twice over

Step 2: Locate the gash in the tire

Step 3: Insert patch kit between tube and tire

You can learn more expert repair tips like this by joining the next after work ride on Tuesday (June 3rd)!

·
thien™
3,425 Posts
kwc said:
The big highlight of note was Thien's $20 patch kit, which he broke out after a piece of glass slashed through his Continentals.
That's just how we roll at RoadBikeReview.... :D

Yes, great ride. It wasn't a large groupride, but rather a cozy group this afternoon. Thanks go out to everyone in the group for stopping when I got my flat. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.