Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
So i work for uber but with my bike, so my muscles are what make money :D i need to work for:
Thursday, friday, saturday, sunday, monday with saturday being the best day i cannot not work on saturday (a 2 day 1 day off kinda thing would be really good but i need to work that day)
Everyday i do between 30-40 km rides at low speed with stops every 3km average and i workout from 5pm to 10pm plus minus one hour, the workout is 4 out of 10 (intensity) i dont feel that hardly pushed, and i can speak during my rides (i sometimes do with myself 馃槄).
the first day im super fine, the second day seems like im 80% capacity for energy but i get it done, the third day im at 40% and it seems like i really struggle with smallest of inclines, and i havent tried the forth day, but i want to do the 5 days straight. I sleep 8 hours minimum but i sleep around 2am 馃槄.

is there any way for me to feel more rested and not struggle the third fourth and fifth days ?
i dont have anyone to tell me what is right and what is wrong i thing i might hurt myself.
im 62 kg 179cm and my body type is ectomorph.
I used to workout, my nerve and muscle coordination is really good so i get strong really fast but i dont grow muscles at all (tried everything out for 1.5 year before and after looks identical 馃槀馃槀)

so is there a way for my muscles to feel rested faster ? Or for my energy to be more than 60% at all times?

Registered
is there any way for me to feel more rested and not struggle the third fourth and fifth days ?
i dont have anyone to tell me what is right and what is wrong i thing i might hurt myself.
I don't know if anyone can tell you what's right or wrong. A lot of it is genetics. Some people can rest and recover faster than others.

so is there a way for my muscles to feel rested faster ? Or for my energy to be more than 60% at all times?
How is your nutrition? Are you eating enough calories and getting enough nutrients, protein, etc while on the bike and after?

Registered
Hey guys,
So i work for uber but with my bike, so my muscles are what make money :D i need to work for:
Thursday, friday, saturday, sunday, monday with saturday being the best day i cannot not work on saturday (a 2 day 1 day off kinda thing would be really good but i need to work that day)
Everyday i do between 30-40 km rides at low speed with stops every 3km average and i workout from 5pm to 10pm plus minus one hour, the workout is 4 out of 10 (intensity) i dont feel that hardly pushed, and i can speak during my rides (i sometimes do with myself 馃槄).
the first day im super fine, the second day seems like im 80% capacity for energy but i get it done, the third day im at 40% and it seems like i really struggle with smallest of inclines, and i havent tried the forth day, but i want to do the 5 days straight. I sleep 8 hours minimum but i sleep around 2am 馃槄.

im 62 kg 179cm and my body type is ectomorph.
I used to workout, my nerve and muscle coordination is really good so i get strong really fast but i dont grow muscles at all (tried everything out for 1.5 year before and after looks identical 馃槀馃槀)

Assuming your work/riding schedule is somewhat fixed, then improving your sleep and nuntrition and pacing while riding seem to be your only opportunities.

Registered
Assuming your work/riding schedule is somewhat fixed, then improving your sleep and nuntrition and pacing while riding seem to be your only opportunities.
Yeah, I mean you ride a bike for a living? That鈥檚 a little unusual for RBR posters... use an app like My Fitness Pal to ensure you are getting what you need from your diet and hydration.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered
I would focus on nutrition to the max. You muscles are going to be what they are, you can't change your genetics, maximum stress, etc. I'm not saying you can't train to be more powerful, but at some point you are going to be at your max.
Try and eat 200 calories an hour while working, using easily digestible food (no meat). Try and avoid maximum efforts. Give it a month and see what it does.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts