Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was really excited about the prospect of buying the LeChamp Ti Heat. Based on my height and inseam (5'8", 31.5" riding inseam), as well as desire for a more relaxed and comfortable riding position (I am 54, and do not plan on racing), BD recommended the 51 cm size. Unfortunately, when I tried to order, that was the only size that was sold out. Using the Competitive Cyclist fit calculator, for the French Fit, recommended seat tube is 56.3 to 56.8, which would suggest size 56. The recommended top tube length is 54.5 to 54.9, putting the low end of the range 5 mm over the length of the 51 and the high end of the range 1 mm under the length of the 53.

Any recommendations as to what I should do? Should I simply go with the 53 in the Heat or go with the 51 in the LeChamp Ti or the LeChamp SL Ti? I don't like that the LeChamp Ti does not have the full Ultegra gruppo, and the LeChamp SL Ti seems comparatively overpriced at $400 over the price of the Heat. Any thoughts and recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, and on my current ride (a steel Raleigh) the seat tube is 53 cm (with saddle about 8 cm above), and top tube is 53.5 cm. Seat is slightly higher than the handle bar. Having had a couple of neck surgeries, I would prefer a more comfortable ride than what I currently have; the riding position puts a bit of a strain on my neck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's what I did

Today I ordered the le Champion Titanium with Ultegra, size 51. I toyed with the idea of going 53 in the SRAM, as I have a slight preference for it, and I suspect it would have fit me fine since we are only talking about an additional cm in top tube length, but ultimately I decided to go with the 51 in the Ultegra. Can't wait to receive it and hit the road!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not really, it just appears that way. If you try to put the 51 cm into your shopping cart and then check out, it tells you that it is sold out. I'm not sure why they don't update the main screen, but it is sold out in that size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.