Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking for a used steel road bike and even though lemond himself said some jackass remarks about lance I am thinking of getting one. The sizing is kinda weird though. I had a 54 cm Cannondale caad 5 that fit good and I guess I would fit a 53 Lemond, I tried a 55 and found it to be a great Mike Tyson voice over! thanks Jfn3

Thanks everyone for the replys, I am 5'9" also and if I find a nice used steel one I will be sooooo happy! Jfn3

·
Registered
227 Posts
LeMond sizing

jfn3 said:
I am looking for a used steel road bike and even though lemond himself said some jackass remarks about lance I am thinking of getting one. The sizing is kinda weird though. I had a 54 cm Cannondale caad 5 that fit good and I guess I would fit a 53 Lemond, I tried a 55 and found it to be a great Mike Tyson voice over! thanks Jfn3
I had a '98 I think (red and white, Reynolds 853 tubing, cf fork) in a 53 c-c with 54.5cm top tube. I am 5'9.5" and it fit great. I put lots of miles on it and really liked the bike.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm 5'6" and riding a 51 classic geometry. Don't know if its the "rite size" but it felt the most comfotable when I was test riding every thing under the sun.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a 53cm Sarthe- and my inseam is 30 inches- I don't recall my overall height.

Chris

·
Registered
30 Posts
jfn3 said:
.... I had a 54 cm Cannondale caad 5 that fit good and I guess I would fit a 53 Lemond...
I test rode a 54cm Six13 and then built up a 53cm Zurich (ebay'd the frame). Top tubes are about the same and both fit me great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ride a 53cm Lemond, and I am approx. 5'7" I had a trek 1200 before this, but the lemond geometry is great, it suits those of us who tend to have shorter stubbier legs and a slightly longer upper body. Keep this in mind when shopping around, Trek works well for average to slightly longer legs. I know this because I worked for a Trek/Lemond dealer. And as for the concerns of what Lemond says about Lance, He has nothing to do with the company any more, the sold it to Trek, so by buying a lemond, you would actually be supporting lance's discovery boys. Also, be sure before buying any bike that you get professionally fit. If there is a serotta dealer near you, you should go to them for the fit, the serotta fit school which bike shops send their employees is a great reliable method. Always be sure the fit is right or you may end up hurting yourself. Let the pros decide how long your stem should be, and how high your seat should be.

·
Registered
18 Posts
tballgame87 said:
I ride a 53cm Lemond, and I am approx. 5'7" I had a trek 1200 before this, but the lemond geometry is great, it suits those of us who tend to have shorter stubbier legs and a slightly longer upper body.
Late to this game, but I thought I'd chime in anyways. I'm just over 5'7" and have a 53 cm Lemond. I have a long torso and shorter legs, and agree with tballgame87's assessment. Lemond's seem to run a little "small" compared to other brands. I also have a 54cm C'dale, which fits me correctly. So there's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
13 Posts
is it a 650c?

·
Registered
13 Posts
interesting

1 - 20 of 31 Posts