Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
I know many will recoil at yet another "toe overlap" question, so if you find pleasure in yelling at me that toe overlap is ok and to get over it, go ahead. My question, however, is not just "is it ok?".

There's a nice 58 cm Moots CR on ebay. I thought it looked incredibly tight in the front end geometry. I emailed the seller and he said that there is indeed to overlap.

So, my question, I suppose, is: Is it unusual to have substantial toe overlap on a 58 CM frame? I know it's common on smaller frames, but I don't have it on my 58 CM CAAD 10 (which I understand to have pretty aggressive geometry).

Curious to hear thoughts on this.
Thanks
-Ed

·
Registered
804 Posts
It would depend on you clear placement and shoe size IMO when you're looking at a 58 moots. Having owned an older 57.5 Vamoots and currently riding a new geo 58 Vamoots the only time I ever get any shoe/tire interference is in my winter riding shoes which are a 46 lakes with the cleats back as far as they go. No issues ever with summer road shoes and very very minor with the winter shoe/boots.

So while you may have overlap you also may not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.