Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I know this has been asked before, but digging through the threads with similar questions I can't find an actual answer. Is the ride quality of the 585 Ultra significantly harsher than a 585? I've read everything from "vertical compliance is no different" to "it was way too stiff for me." I'm 5'11, 175 lbs, and looking to upgrade my CAAD5 after years of faithful service to something equally or more responsive but more comfortable on the long haul. For years I've wanted a 585, but where I'm living there's no where to demo them, and now that it's time to pull the trigger there's this Ultra - not sure what to do! I demoed an R3 a couple weeks ago and was very impressed, but I just kind of have my heart set on a look. :confused:

· Registered
10,161 Posts
no problem...

I just got a 51cm 585 Ultra after riding a 585 origin for over two seasons. I could tell that the ride was a little harsher ride, using the exact same components on both bikes, but switching from Ksyriums ES wheels to 28H DT Swiss RR 1.1 (PowerTap) wheels more than made up the difference.

I wouldn't be afraid of the Ultra, if you find a good deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.