Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: Kdub....say it ain't so! Has your carbon fetish really gotten that out of hand that you're selling one of the last 100 MXL frames Eddy will EVER produce?!

Sorry, I was just a little shocked when I saw it, but I guess everyone's time comes sooner or later.

Maybe someone else here will give it a good home? http://cgi.ebay.com/Eddy-Merckx-25t...ryZ98084QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Most importantly....what're you replacing it with?!

·
Shut up legs!
1,331 Posts
:blush2: I recently replaced it with a Colnago Titanio.

I told myself I'll keep this frame for good, but in the back of my mind I can't see that I will build this bike up again.

Anyway, I think I won't be able to sell it at my asking price anyway. I will just let ebay determine whether I will be keeping or letting it go. I just took advantage of the $0.05 cent ebay listing special. I posted that auction for only 5 cents even with a high buy it now price.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kdub, out of curiosity why the change to the Colnago? Was there something specific you were trying to get that the Merckx didn't offer?

I'm obviously partial, but both are great looking bikes and I'm sure the Ti is nice.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
kjmunc said:
Kdub, out of curiosity why the change to the Colnago? Was there something specific you were trying to get that the Merckx didn't offer?

I'm obviously partial, but both are great looking bikes and I'm sure the Ti is nice.
+1 very pretty nag, but other than fit, what is the issue that drove the change?

b21

·
Shut up legs!
1,331 Posts
The reason was simple. I just wanted a Nag. I think another factor that drove the change is the fact I have outgrew that Motorola color scheme.

I posted the frame on ebay to see if there is anyone willing to pay my asking price. If market dictates that my asking price is too high, then I will just keep it.

But honestly, the ride of the Merckx is better than the Nag. Merckx is more solid and assuring and has much better power transfer to the road than the Nag. The Nag being a Ti is rather soft. It feels sluggish on climbs. The Nag however is 3 lbs lighter than the Merckx. And it looks sweet with my Tinkoff team kit (see avatar) :)

·
Not Banned
49,249 Posts
ride is better

better power transfer, Nag is soft
Nag is lighter but feels sluggish on climbs

Nag matches my kit

vanity thy name is kdub

reread that last post and rethink which frame you should sell

with the money, get the mxl repainted

G

·
atpjunkie said:
reread that last post and rethink which frame you should sell

with the money, get the mxl repainted
That is certainly what I was thinking, but didn't say ( and couldn't have said so well) , get the MX Leader repainted.

I have a Titanium AX that I plan to send to Vista, CA to have it painted a la Vlaanderen.

·
Shut up legs!
1,331 Posts
I had thought about painting it, but that would totally ruin the authenticity of this particular frame which is the 25th anniversary Motorola bike #82 of 100 made.

Anyway, the bike has been sold to someone in California. Looking at his ebay history he has purchased alot of vintage Campy parts. Looks like this person is someone who truely appreciate classic bikes. I am sure it's going to a good home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.