Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ace70 said:
profkrisp,
Do you have an idea of the origin of your colour scheme?

looks similar to Lempre, but they didn't have Merckx, did they?
Not Telekom, not Weinmann, any ideas?
I have no idea. I've looked around at the usual sites and can find nothing. My next step, I suppose, would be to send an e-mail to the Merckx factory and ask them. I'm more interested in the geometry. I have heard so much ofl Merckx century geometry but this bike has a really steep head tube angle. Did Merckx have a different stage race or criterium geometry? The bike rides incredibly well. I give up very little going uphill when compared to my LOOK 585. It's faster on the flats, once it's up to speed it wants to stay there, and much faster on the downhill. The LOOK, however, is more stable.

· Registered
24 Posts
profkrispy said:
I have no idea. I've looked around at the usual sites and can find nothing. My next step, I suppose, would be to send an e-mail to the Merckx factory and ask them. I'm more interested in the geometry. I have heard so much ofl Merckx century geometry but this bike has a really steep head tube angle. Did Merckx have a different stage race or criterium geometry? The bike rides incredibly well. I give up very little going uphill when compared to my LOOK 585. It's faster on the flats, once it's up to speed it wants to stay there, and much faster on the downhill. The LOOK, however, is more stable.
Very true, i have a Corsa 01 with the ovalised BB lug, i think they have the same geometry as the MXL, and it is sweet. Would be interesting to do some research and measurement and do the sums.
The Corsa has a small amount of flex, but has the same ability to go up hills.
Interesting thing is, i got the frame from Rashid in SA a year ago and had the same fork problems that others had. I found a MX Leader fork and put that on the Corsa, quite stable, be interested to put a full Leader side by side with the corsa and check the ride.

· Registered
24 Posts
Sorry to hijack thread, just very interested in this colour scheme,

Have just taken possession of a 56cm MX Leader in the same colour :D .

Have been in contact with Gita and they seem to think this Pink, White, Blue is the early Team Telekom colors from 92 to 94. They stated in 95 the color changed to the Pink, White, Grey/ Charcoal.

Have had a good look around at the cadre and tears for gears site, and the info on those sites seems to contradict Gita. Maybe different colours US to Europe, a possibility?

Also tried to find some details of those years jerseys, team bikes, etc, but no go.

Anyone help?

· Registered
8 Posts
I believe it is a Domex Wienmann color scheme from about 1993? Their jerseys were a blue green yellow scheme. This bike is awesome. One of my favorite color schemes next to the Motorola. Holla

ace70 said:
Sorry to hijack thread, just very interested in this colour scheme,

Have just taken possession of a 56cm MX Leader in the same colour :D .

Have been in contact with Gita and they seem to think this Pink, White, Blue is the early Team Telekom colors from 92 to 94. They stated in 95 the color changed to the Pink, White, Grey/ Charcoal.

Have had a good look around at the cadre and tears for gears site, and the info on those sites seems to contradict Gita. Maybe different colours US to Europe, a possibility?

Also tried to find some details of those years jerseys, team bikes, etc, but no go.

Anyone help?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.