1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Stolen Look 595 (Image & Info)

I BORROWED all These from some Website

Look 595/595 Ultra

New for 2007
Look is preparing two new top model’s 595 and 595 Ultra.
Developed with the same technology as the groundbreaking 585. Two years in the making, with some very novel and eye catching design concepts.
The first thing you notice on the new 595 is the oval extended seat tube, with the short seat pillar and lack of seat clamp. This leave’s the seat tube looking very sleek and aero, while the new development on the Elastramor sprung seat pillar adds an interesting seamless union of saddle and frame.
The top tube is slightly bow shaped adding a slight curve to the normal square shape we expect from a road frame. The tube is also oval at both the connection points to the head and seat lugs.
Also a new innovation to the 595 is the use of the all-new HSC6 fork. In keeping with the strength and performance, the fork has been designed with 1 ¼” lower bearing race and taper’s to a standard 1 1/8” at the upper. This small design adds greater fork rigidity helping this frame handle like a F1 racecar.
I expected this frame to be heavy, with the use of the aero tubes, but even with the extra carbon used in the extended seat tube, it still weighs less than 1 kg. The fork still the lightest fork on the market 295 grams!
For the bigger stronger rider out there, Look will also offer the 595 ULTRA. Same weight, same design only extra strength and more ridged. This frame has been compared to the Stork CD1 regarded by the cycle press as the stiffest frame on the market. They have yet to test the 595!!
595 Origin available July while the 595 Ultra and 595 Team will be available November.

·
naranjito
785 Posts
i think the 585 in white is prettier... but if they offer this in white (or any other colours) like the credit agricole boys are riding this year, then i think it'll get my vote... any news on how the seatpost height adjustment works?

shame i just bought a new bike, but then i guess that always happens with anything - you buy the latest and greatest, and 6 months later there's something nicer. if i ever win the lottery, i'll be starting a bike collection a la Terry B!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Any idea how much this thing is going to cost? I love my 585 but that seat post ont he 595 has me picking my jaw up off the floor!

·
Registered
273 Posts
There are many changes on the 595 over the 585, so much so that the two may ride completely differently. The 585 has been praised for its lightness, stiffness, and comfortable ride. The 595 certainly has the first two for sure, but what about the comfort. It could also handle completely different. I'm going to be interested when the reviews start rolling out on places like cyclingnews and pez.

Also, I could have sworn I say in one of the previes that it uses a 1.5" bottom headset cup and 1-1/8" upper, just like the new Cannondale System6. But now I can't find where I read that.

·
Registered
498 Posts
foz said:
i think the 585 in white is prettier... but if they offer this in white (or any other colours) like the credit agricole boys are riding this year, then i think it'll get my vote... any news on how the seatpost height adjustment works?
Here is a pic & article. The seatpost looks like a expander style with spacers as needed.
https://www.roadcyclinguk.com/news/article/mps/UAN/1373/v/1/sp/

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'd like to think that neither you, nor I know what he did. Thor knows.
Yes, he did swerve to miss Robbie. They swerve all day long in sprints without unclipping.
IIRC, he moved his left leg to balance him/bike so that he could lean back at Robbie. With the foot angle he had, he came out of the pedal. Can't say if that is his fault or the Keos.
Surely you don't think he clipped out on purpose. What would be the point of that?
If you watch the footage, see how long he looks down at his pedal, trying to clip in, or see what's up. He then gave up trying to clip in.

I'm not dissn the Keo. I ride Time RXS Carbons, and i think the completely suck for trying to clip in, and wouldn't recco them. I do ride a Look 585 and stared long and hard at the Keos.

Anyhoo, the 595 is growing on me...
May have to go CA white in a 51cm this time. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.