Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a $60 gift card for a bike shop that expires tomorrow. I don't really need anything (well, do need new brakes for mtn bike but that will cost a heck of a lot more than $60).

·
Good news everyone!
5,452 Posts
A new tire? Some brake pads? Chain lube? A spare chain?

There's gotta be something in there that you'll need eventually. Maybe some energy bars, or a new jersey?

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,806 Posts
Extension

MCF said:
I have a $60 gift card for a bike shop that expires tomorrow. I don't really need anything (well, do need new brakes for mtn bike but that will cost a heck of a lot more than $60).
Ask them if you can get an extended expiration date.

Otherwise look at expendible maintenance items you need in the future. Tubes, tires, bar tape, brake pads, cables and housing, gloves, food, drink...

Any repairs you have been putting off that you do not have the tools/skill to perform?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Find something you really want that is on sale, but didn't want to spend a bundle on - new pair of Sidi shoes, Garmin 500, Giro Ionos Helmet... an additional $60 makes it worth it.

·
Administrator
13,010 Posts
MCF said:
I just used some race won bike shop gift cards for the fancy new Camelbak podium chill bottles. Nice luxury item.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
wear items. chain, cables, housing.

·
MTBR Member
2,908 Posts
Coolhand said:
I just used some race won bike shop gift cards for the fancy new Camelbak podium chill bottles. Nice luxury item.
Actually, this reminds me, I just spent a $60 gift card not that long ago, when I did not need much.

I got:
2 Camelbak podium bottles
CO2
Shimano 105/LX chain
Sram Powerlink

·
I want a Road Bike :)
4,112 Posts
trade it for H&B....

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Becky said:
Apply it to those new brakes?
Nice memory!! I would like some BB7 brakes, but the $60 savings wouldn't offset the MSRP having to spend at the LBS compared to ordering discounted on-line. Maybe some sunglasses or maybe I will walk in and see something cool that I just have to have.

·
\m/{-_-}\m/
787 Posts
I'd get a tire or two. You're going to need one eventually and it's always nice to have a new one laying around if you're low on cash and need a new one.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.