Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that 65 miles isn't much for you warm weather riders, but this has been the first weekend that wasn't crappy. Today, it was 42 degrees with a NE wind at 12mph.
I'm pretty tapped out, but I'm hitting it again tomarrow, for another 40. On Monday, it's back to the trainer.

·
Life Coach
2,523 Posts
Funny thing--I'm a warm-weather guy in Tucson...did my 68 today and got freaking HAILED on...numb fingers, toes, the works. Loved it!

·
Impulse Athletic Coaching
5,576 Posts
MR_GRUMPY said:
I know that 65 miles isn't much for you warm weather riders, but this has been the first weekend that wasn't crappy. Today, it was 42 degrees with a NE wind at 12mph.
I'm pretty tapped out, but I'm hitting it again tomarrow, for another 40. On Monday, it's back to the trainer.
Want to ride Saturday morning? I'm actually back in the area. We can meet at Harper at 7, 8, or 9am? Your choice. Send me an email.

jpradun (at) gmail (dot) com

·
Master debator.
8,777 Posts
That's plenty long for april, but I'm from Minnesota and in the same situation. I did 45 hard miles thursday, 40 so so miles friday, and 56 hard miles today. You gotta ride when you can up north.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is Saturday.
I would need a time machine to go back and ride this morning.
I'm doing a "recovery" 40 tomorrow, with some friends (Sunday)
I downloaded my HRM and discovered that I spent a hair less than two hours in Zone 3, and almost an hour on Zone 4. (no wonder my legs are falling off)

·
Registered
48 Posts
MR_GRUMPY said:
This is Saturday.
I would need a time machine to go back and ride this morning.
I'm doing a "recovery" 40 tomorrow, with some friends (Sunday)
I downloaded my HRM and discovered that I spent a hair less than two hours in Zone 3, and almost an hour on Zone 4. (no wonder my legs are falling off)

Damn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts