Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the size is terribly out of fashion, but what's good in the 650c size? I see Bontrager has a 650x25c tire, the Race X Lite AC. Any thoughts on that tire? Continental also has the new Grand Prix 24mm tire in 650c. I guess I'm looking for something with some flat protection and half-decent life - basically a training tire, ideally a bit bigger than 23mm. Dunno if these two are more racer than trainer.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Bontrager Race X Lite

My wife has ridden the Bontrager tire for years in the 650x25 size. It's been amazingly durable. Granted, she only weighs 100lbs, but probably 2,000 miles on those tires without any problems.

·
Squirrel Hunter
3,854 Posts
650x23

My wife has been riding Michelin Pro Race for years. I think she has ProRace2 on her bike right now as they still have may miles left on them.They are size 650x23.The ProRace tires are more of a performance tire than a trainer tire although she does not race but does some fast touring rides. She gets at least 3,000 miles on a set of these so that should qualify for half-decent life. I cannot remember the last time she had a flat, in fact I should probably check the tubes in her seat bag for dry rot.

There are quite a few options below but probably more on the performance side and all size 23. Don't try to order online, call the phone number and place your order directly with the owners. Great to deal with and can answer questions for you too.

http://worldclasscycles.com/clincher_tires_only.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.