Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried the 6700 cassette with sram force? how is shifting compared to pg1070. Hoping to get 6700 cassette as it is $10 cheaper. Will there be any problem?

·
Registered
39 Posts
the spacing is the same it should work just fine. But is really worth it for $10 if there is any doubt in your mind that it won't?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was thinking it was the same, but not really sure whether it will be smooth with the 6700 cassette and FD/RD. so hoping to ask if anyone tried that combination. silly me.

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
supposedly, shimano cassettes/chains (or combination of both) quiet down the sram drivetrains. Even though i dont think of mine as being too loud.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a couple different wheelsets I rotate through - on one I'm using a Shimano 6700 cassette, the other has a SRAM 1070 cassette. The bike is equipted with an otherwise all Force group. I haven't experienced any issues at all. In fact, I'm not certain I could the difference between the two. I don't even have to touch the barrel adjustment on the rear derailleur. Simply exchange wheels.

Also, I haven't noticed one combination being any more quite (or loud) than the other.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Shimano 6700 will work just fine, you probably will not notice a difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts