Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bikes make girls hotter!
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone make a free hub body to convert the 6700 wheel set from 10 to 11 speed? I'm not finding anything compatible online.

·
Registered
942 Posts
If you really need 11 speed, your best bet is to buy a new 6800 rear wheel, or wheelset, and sell the existing wheels on CL or EPay. New rears from UK suppliers are $220, wheelsets about $300.

Anything else to adapt shimano 10 speed hubs to 11 speed is a kludge, and usually an expensive one.
You can use the new 10 speed Tiagra 4700 shifters with the 6700 wheels though. These are similar to 5800/6800 shifters, but 10 speed instead of 11. You will need new derailleurs to go with those shifters, old stuff is not compatible.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi, does anyone make a free hub body to convert the 6700 wheel set from 10 to 11 speed? I'm not finding anything compatible online.
There is the Shimano Tiagra FH-RS400 11speed hub, it has retained the 10mm through axle.
You could try to screw it's freehub body to your WH-6700 wheel set.
If that works you have to replace the spacer on the left side with a thinner one and center the wheel.

·
Bikes make girls hotter!
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just don't want to be wrong about anything when I sell these wheels to a pal. His bike is 11spd so naturally these questions arise.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.