Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a cloud in the sky. 70 degrees outside (F that is).

And I am posting.

Hell of a week. I dont think much of anything went right. Im not so much bummed by any of it, just emotionally drained. I just dont feel like feeling good or bad about anything right now. Which is a semi-shame, since I could be out riding. I plan to, shortly, just gotta finish this cup of cold coffee, and digest my breakfast a bit more.

I started MTB'ing again this week... did three rides, two with groups, one alone. Good rides, lots of fun, but dang, I am not a single-tracker. Bad news... give me fire roads and trails! Also, first time I have weighed in under 230lbs since high school (and were fast approaching the 10 year reunion!).

I havent shaved my head in three weeks, so I have hair one again.

My interweb dating is failing spectacularly.

I whipped up two batches of homebrew chain-lube. One for road, and one for mountain... Ill try the first one out today.

I really need to book some reservations for my vacation thats coming up for Coops BBQ... anyone have any recommendations on places to stay in Big Sur?

I think thats it. no wait... yep... thats it.

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Creakyknees said:
get and ride, foole. it's the cure for all problems.
Going soon... finishing mah cawfee

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
I'm waiting for the temps to get a little higher. It was 29 degrees this morning and it's frickin april! I just had sandwich (pastrami and cheddar toasted with herb garden mix greens and olive oil mayo) so I'll wait a little longer. It's supposed to be in the mid 50's today and close to 70 tomorrow. I'll spend tomorrow flying to Norfolk to spend the week with a bunch of future coworkers whose collective asses need a good kicking. It will be a week of anger management. I thought about taking a bike but the weather only looks good for two days and it isn't worth the hassle of traveling with a bike for that. I'll just drink to deal with my anger issues.

·
...?
1,481 Posts
47 and sunny here... I'm about to go get me an avocado torta, then go for a ride a little later.
Gotta take advantage before the weather turns to crap again.

//It's weird to be excited about 47* in April.
///Im hoping that the lakeshore path wont end up being a horrible idea.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Just got back from 40 miles. It's 70 now and was high 50's when we started. Very nice day, rain tomorrow.

·
...?
1,481 Posts
Just got back from my 25 mile fixie ride. I was right, the mut was kind of a bad idea.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Don't worry Bent. Helluffa week here too. Put in 17 hours at work, home at 1 AM last night, oops I mean this AM.

Sunny, no wind, about 65 here. Decided "now or never" to get the yard debris burning done so I did that, then collapsed on the couch. Made a pan of brownies with walnuts but I'm not hungry now.

So, I'm pretty much back on the couch looking at how nice the weather is for riding but too blah to got do it so I'm watching "The Sandlot."

Hey, congrats on the weight. Holy cow!

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
Just did a beautiful, breezy 50. After two straight 100+ mile weekends, felt great to take it easy today.

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ended up doing Stunt Rd. Quick ride over to Mulholland, a jaunt to the top and back.

For some reason my back is killing me, I think my saddle needs to be adjusted, I dont know why or how it went out of adjustment, perhaps its the fact that I have been switching between bikes lately.

Back at Casa de' Bent, waiting for the Roommates to get back for the BBQ. I havent really eaten today, good thing I bought Taquila.

·
Non non normal
10,100 Posts
The temps were decent today except the wind was blowing 25 to 30 with gusts higher than that. I took the day off and went to the bike shop and worked in the yard. I hung up 6 bluebird boxes, 6 gourd birdhouses, edged a flower bed, cleaned a bike, and cleaned up the garage.

I was amazed how much I got done when I didn't spend half the day on the bike.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
had a short 40 min ride today since i was supposed to race a TT tomorrow. that got postponed due to the crappy storm coming in. looks like it's a weekend of riding fail. tomorrow will probably just be on the trainer unless i can somehow sneak in an early ride.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts