Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of Conti Ultra Gators yesterday, primarily to reduce the number of flat tires I have been experiencing lately. Any one use these tires and would like to promote or bash them?

Start spitting!:thumbsup:

·
"Cypress Gardens" Fl.
686 Posts
Billy Goat said:
I bought a set of Conti Ultra Gators yesterday, primarily to reduce the number of flat tires I have been experiencing lately. Any one use these tires and would like to promote or bash them?

Start spitting!:thumbsup:
Gatorskins worked pretty good for me. They're not completely flat proof, but they are more flat resistant than most others. I liked the hell out of 'em. They rode good, was'nt too heavy, and never slipped or skidded even in the rain. Very good tire.

·
Call me a Fred
17,025 Posts
I'm using a set of x25c Gator Ultra Gators and have been very happy with them. I like wider tires so that I can reduce the pressure some and get more comfort.

·
Still On Steel
2,396 Posts
Gatorskin sizing accuracy?

How true-to-size are the Gatorskins?

For years I've mostly ridden Conti Ultra 2000s, which in the 25 size actually measure right at 23mm. That's okay, but I sure wouldn't want anything any smaller. I've considered trying a set of Gatorskins in the past, and will need new tires RSN to replace the Bontragers on my new LeMond, but I'm uncertain what size to order.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I switched to ultra gatorskins about 2 weeks ago. 700x23. I switched from specialized mondo. I like the gatorskins they feel good. Only one flat in two weeks from a goats head. The mondos got about 2-3 flats a week on the same routes.

I have minimal experience with road bikes.

·
"Cypress Gardens" Fl.
686 Posts
enki42ea said:
If only they came is a folding version of the 25 width size.... Only 23 comes in folding (fine for the OP but I like 700x25 more)
I've been contemplating switching over to the 25c in the Ultra 2000 or the Gatorskin myself. Is there much difference between that and 23c? I dont race, and just ride recreationally. What are the vitues of 25's? Would it be worth it?

·
Administrator
13,147 Posts
Love them, both in the 23 and 25. Usually ride them all winter long, and am running a set now on my cross bike for road and gravel road rides.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have been using them for 2 seasons now on my Cross bike for road duty. Pull the little in the bike trailer on local gravel trails, do all of my crappy weather riding on them, 2 years with the same pair and got my first flat 2 weeks ago!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.