Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to hand it to McEwen. 44mph is god like in a sprint, even with a tailwind. The speed was obtained from Cyclingnews.com live updates (stage 6 Giro results). WOW!

Also, Ulrich helped tear up the field up front in the last 3 kms. Of course, he then blew up and stopped peddling...

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
grampy bone said:
I have to hand it to McEwen. 44mph is god like in a sprint, even with a tailwind. The speed was obtained from Cyclingnews.com live updates (stage 6 Giro results). WOW!

Also, Ulrich helped tear up the field up front in the last 3 kms. Of course, he then blew up and stopped peddling...
I hit 41mph downhill off of a mountain coasting.

Nailing 44 mph on a flat is unreal.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Re: McEwen's sprint, didja see Cipollini's comments on Cyclingnews? He called McEwen's stage 6 blast slow, explaining that he used to hit 75km/h!

"To follow McEwen is almost impossible; if you just take his wheel and expect to come around him, you're already beaten. And even to jump him early is hard, because he's very explosive. Today was not that fast of a sprint; McEwen was at 71km/h, while I was at 75 km/h. And he totally works the other teams."

I think he's right, McEwen might not be in SuperMario's (former) league in a classic lead-out-to-200-meters sprint, but he's the most cunning guy in the peleton, and always ends up on the right wheel, then manages to come around in the last 100 meters. He's a jerk, but my hat's off to him!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I did it once after visiting Dr. Ferrari...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ditto!, RM is a class act as well as a great racer...

·
Registered
73 Posts
"Also, Ulrich helped tear up the field up front in the last 3 kms. Of course, he then blew up and stopped peddling..."

"Blew up", emm...maybe he was pace setting, and his work was done...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have heard him whine abit, saying he would've really liked to win a certain stage, but I don't think that makes him a jerk...

·
Registered
172 Posts
grampy bone said:

My local circuit has a sign saying beware of cyclists (considering its a cycling circuit) as they reach speeds in excess of 75km/h. Dam sign writers these days!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.