Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a picture perfect day in Fort Worth today.... With New Years resolutions still fresh, I saw a TON of joggers and cyclists today....... With weather like this, people just might keep that resolution to lose weight:)

·
Cap'n of Industry
1,753 Posts
Jealous here. I almost went out today but the horseturd blizzard was gettin fired up early in the morning. Expect some of west texas to join you for dinner. With any luck winds will be under 40 tomorrow.

·
World's 1st Anal-rapist
1,086 Posts
Boy are you right, Dave!

The weather is just beautiful. Did both a jog and rode over to Joe Pool.

Hope it stays nice. We did have a lot of wind down here in Mansfield. How was it in FW?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Way to go Dave.... great pics, I need to get to FW.

I managed 34 miles today, I've been fighting a cough/sinus type infection and haven't done all that much in the past 2 weeks, but I was happy with my 34 today in the warm sunshine, didn't even mind the wind.

I also saw lots of new faces going around WRL today, I wonder how long the resolutions will last for those new healthy people.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you....I really enjoy riding it. Yesterday when I was taking pics, the bike fell over and hit a pole. It got a very small dent in the top tube..at first I was really upset about it... Now that I think about it, it's just ads character...

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Good grief! I was drooling at your characterized bike too when suddenly the combination of 75 miles and single speed jumped out at me. With two brake levers, I hope for the sake of my self esteem that at least it isn`t a fixie! Any way you slice it (fixed or free), that sounds like an awful long way to pedal a single speed. Yowza.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Jealous. . .

Dave Hickey said:
It was a picture perfect day in Fort Worth today....
No fair! This was us ten minutes (driving) from my house two hours ago:

·
Boobies!
8,173 Posts
I was out on Saturday--not into the 70s, but high 60s in NYC!!!!! In January, no less!

I ducked into Central Park on my way home & it looked like April with all the New Year's resolution folks out logging and riding...

A few days before it was in the low 30s which is a bit freakish--right on the edge of what I can ride comfortably in...I'm still looking for the perfect winter gloves...

+1 on the lovely bike, Dave

·
Bike Dude
986 Posts
Dent Damage
Dave, I remember some ol' timers a while back talking about removing dents with dry ice. The claim is that you hold a piece of dry ice with tongs (I assume) close to the dent to remove it. The other option is calling Monica Lewinski... do we dare go there?!
Anyway, bummer about your bike. I really like this one, she's purdy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts