Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have 2 sigg water bottle that i love and was using the profile cages for them. I hit a bump and there goes my profile cage so now I am looking for new cages that won't break from a bump. It seems the sigg bottles are not a big as the plastic bottle so i am wanting to hear from others that use sigg bottles. I am looking at the Elite Ciussi Patao Bottle Cage, Black.

http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?...Bottle+Cage&vendorCode=ELITE&major=3&minor=12

any thoughts from people with sigg bottles?

thanks

eric

· Registered
3,866 Posts
I have Elite Ciussi Patao Cages on my old bike. They are pretty much indestructible. They probably won't work with the Sigg bottles. They have an older model that holds the smaller euro 500mm bottles. the new one's fit standard size bottles.

You could always buy a stainless steel cage, bend it to shape and you will never have to touch it again. No zoot apeal, but they work fine...

· Registered
3,866 Posts
Consider some Specialized Rib Pro's

jamisman said:
I am considering the stainless steel cage route but it just doesn't match anything on my bike. I guess I will have to do some spray painting black. Thanks dinosaur for your feedback.
Yeah- I have some ss cages but they are kind of generic looking. They do match my bike, but they don't have any zoot appeal. If you painted the ss cages then you would have black marks on your bottles. I've used tons of cages, I like the Specialized Rib Pro's. They have a carbon look, but arent real carbon. They do a good job of snugging the bottles and they won't rattle. I've never lost one. Mine are a few years old and have seen service on both of my bikes.

click on the specialized site, then equipment, then cages...sorry it's real long link and i'm too lazy to type it...they go for $16.00 a cage...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.